Vectorizing Images W/PDN

I think I know why what you are talking about is confusing. When you say vectorise, are you talking about converting an image to vector format or simply getting a vector-style effect?

Exactly!:D I'm talking about achieving the effect, I don't even know what a "vector format" is.

Then why are you calling it a vector!

SimplifyX4.png

How bout that. (I took the image and simplified at max 5 times.

nope I don't think its as good as mine. look at the arms in the original vector sample. there should be rings of color , mine are more concentric but I'm still thinking my lines are not smooth enough and well your lines aren't even there. :wink:

will give you the round on the face portion though your gals face looks bit better than mine. but mine looks closer to the original.

its not an easy thing to do in this program. every picture is different

as we all try try again.

:wink:

I think I know why what you are talking about is confusing. When you say vectorise, are you talking about converting an image to vector format or simply getting a vector-style effect?

Exactly!:D I'm talking about achieving the effect, I don't even know what a "vector format" is.

Then why are you calling it a vector!

I think we established what he meant Andrew... He dosen't understand the difference between vector and raster. Vector is symbolic to this type of effect to him.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

If I'm posting this in the wrong place please do not delete it, just move it, please.

:)

About a year ago I found a tutorial for vectorizing images with Paint.net & now I couldn't find it to save my life. Does anyone happen to where to find it or another one like it? The one I saw was on a site that was for Paint.Net & Photoshop tutorials. I've searched this site, been all over Google.....I got nada.

Here's an example:

Before vectorizing...

25u1np3.jpg

After vectorizing...

1zecyn8.png

I've seen stuff one the web about this not being possible with PDN but it is, I've tried it.

okay..

try this... i think i;ve done this before...

so duplicate your image, then pastel the top one, then overlay and reduce the opact. ...

then you should get something like this...

vectortest.png

if not then play around i with the setting :)