Magic wand - Magnetic lasso - Contiguous pixel selection

Hi,

I like Paint.net, no discussion about that.

But I am missing 2 major features :

- Magnetic lasso (for the selection of an object within a photograph).

- Magic wand offering the possibility to allow "contiguous pixel selection" only.

I really hope that Paint.Net will ofer this in a very near future, in the meantime I am using Photoshop Elements 2 which is offering both features.

Thank you so much for your attention.

for your magnetic lasso - http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=968

petty much same thing

I think that by magnetic lasso, he means a lasso tool that searches near where you are selecting and finds edges (sharp changes in pixel values between neighboring pixels). It is useful for selecting an object that contrasts with the background.

If you're talking about a global magic wand selection, we have that.

Just hold Shift when you click.

That kicks < no swearing >! I never knew you could do that! Stupid doing it by hand bloody potato! Woohoo! Hey, I just tried doing the same thing with the paint bucket, and that works too! Hah! Oh, this is going to make changing skintones a LOT easier than using the color replace tool! Hee...

• 9 months later...

Rick Brewster, lets supose that you click with the magic on the left black colum of this image:

examplend3.jpg

If you have contiguous pixels enable, you will only have the left colum selected because the left and right colums aren't contiguous. However, if it's disabled, you will select both left and right black colums.

Could you please add it to the next versions? Photoshop has it and I missing it on Paint.net. It's very useful. :wink: