Blending Options Dialog

I was wondering if there was a plugin or something that would allow me to add effects to individual objects on an individual layer. Normally in Photoshop, you'd be able to do this by right-clicking the layer and clicking "Blending Options." But both GIMP and Paint.NET have yet to incorporate this feature. It's the only reason why I dislike both image editors. Comic creators can't use stroke because of this very well.

Old Remix | My Website | Sheezy

"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."

"If the body does not die, the world would be an eternal prison."

In the layers docker window, select the layer you wish to change the blending mode, press F4.

That's not what I meant. See the attachment below. I want to be able to add such things as stroke, bevel, etc. But only on the individual objects, not the entire layer like the "Effects" do.

3622_37c670980fd973af5beea2220e61fcc2

Adjustment Layers are one of the features of Blending Options, not necessarily the entire thing. When you use the blending options, as I've said, it effects the individual objects on the layer, NOT the entire layer like the Effects Menu stuff does. Adjusting the layers doesn't mean stroke, bevel, etc. Adjusting the layers means more blending options like "If gray" or "If blue" or "if red" kind of stuff.

Please understand that Paint.NET will never be a complete replacement for Photoshop.

It is written by ONE GUY that already has a full time job doing something else!

If you really need those functions, you probably should spend the $600+ for Photoshop.

Or download the GIMP. But, then again, I don't know if it'll do that...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Please understand that Paint.NET will never be a complete replacement for Photoshop.

I know that, but even still. The blending options are the only reason I'm not switching over to the open-source type products.

It is written by ONE GUY that already has a full time job doing something else!

Has the person tried getting more developers? If not, I suggest the person does.

If you really need those functions, you probably should spend the $600+ for Photoshop.

I don't have enough money to afford such a thing (even 200 USD is too much). The last time I used Photoshop, it was pirated. If there was blending options in other programs, I wouldn't have to pirate.

Or download the GIMP. But, then again, I don't know if it'll do that...

No, GIMP doesn't have it either. See this Bugzilla Entry for more information on it. Quite frankly, NO free image editor has the blending options I need.

I know that, but even still. The blending options are the only reason I'm not switching over to the open-source type products.

I don't have enough money to afford such a thing. The last time I used Photoshop, it was pirated. If there was blending options in other programs, I wouldn't have to pirate.

[emphasis mine]

The pirated Photoshop isn't what I really care about... but if you haven't switched to open-source products like Paint.NET and aren't using Photoshop now... ...?

---

Anyway, moving on. Most of those effects can be faked if you use different layers and such. Yes, it's an annoying workaround, but it's better than not having it at all, right?

I do agree with you though, the blending options would be very useful. Until the day comes that we have such functionality, we'll just have to be extra-creative and find a way to get the same effect, even if it takes more time.

Has the person tried getting more developers? If not, I suggest the person does.
There are, in an indirect way. The plugins you can download and use are an extension to the program, therefore, in a way, the authors are extra developers.

As for the main body and project of Paint.NET, well, you going to have to let Rick answer that. There have been other developers on the project in the past, but Tom, one of said developers for example, has not been as active as of late, hence the one-man-band of a show. Like I said though, this is far better answered by Rick himself, unless he's already done so elsewhere.