Function request

I searched for a similar topic but no finds...

It's a simple request that would be useful for every pdn users I think ; the ability to zoom in/out by the mouse's wheel, and zooming the region where the cursor points would be better. Also, maybe the possibility to activate/desactivate it ?

Your opinions...

It's a simple request that would be useful for every pdn users I think ; the ability to zoom in/out by the mouse's wheel, and zooming the region where the cursor points would be better. Also, maybe the possibility to activate/desactivate it ?

Your opinions...

Wrong place, and also if I'm right this has been discussed before. Well, the mouse wheel anyways.

Please post in the right section, I don't know why this was placed into Programming/Development.

Moved to General Discussion

As for zooming with the mouse wheel, hold down the control key.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

but I would like to zoom without holding the ctrl key...

And I'd like to never go to work again, but it's kind of hard to eat that way... :-)

The point is, this is how the features work. It's a pretty easy way to do it. When you make your own program, you can make it zoom however you like. Until then, it's Paint.NET, not Paint.Ilko. :-) Download the source code and change it, if you like...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Your opinions...

My opinion is that this is the worst idea ever.

When I scroll my mouse wheel, I expect the document that I'm viewing to scroll up the page so that I can see the bottom of the document--you know, like Word, IE, notepad, and EVERY OTHER WINDOWS APP! :roll:

CorelDRAW works like the way you suggest and it angers me every time I hit the scroll wheel when using that program.

@david

I'm not a programmer, thats why I've posted, useless reply...

@Boltbait

It was just a suggestion, each persons can expect a different effect from one or one function.. then respond a little more intelligently next time guys :O

In any event I'm giving up