Tapered Lines?

Trust me, I've searched and searched and searched the forum for this, but I didn't see it.

So, what I think would be useful is the option to draw tapered lines, similar to the way you can draw lines with rounded caps, arrows, etc. What I'd like would basically be something like this:

taperedlinelc9.png

Please and thanks,

Snowy.

It has been requested.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I know...I got the same thing. The forum search doesn't seem to be very good...

And I can't seem to find it on searchpaint.net, either. Well, rest assured that it has been :-) I just don't know where.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I think it was either, if not both, barkbar00 or The_Lionhearted who suggested some new line caps, and, if I remember correctly, Rick said it might be implemented in a few versions down the line or in 4.0 with some architecture tweaks.

Please bear in mind though that the comment I have made regarding Rick and his actions may not be correct or slightly inaccurate, so take it with a pinch of salt. I would confirm my claims but just like david.atwell I too can't find the relevant topic through either of the search facilities; they haven't been at their usual efficiency lately.

...and why can't we find that thread? Neither forum search nor searchpaint.net came up with the other thread about this at all. Not just low on the results, not at all. What gives?

having same problem bb can't find things anymore since the switch. seems hit or miss if the search button picks it up. and yes I do try web search as well.

do you need a lot of lines with taper or to make just the few.

because I do mine one line then make another slightly curved and fill the centre and merge know its slow go but that works.

or sometimes I make a dup layer and use tube oblique and get a taper pattern and use it as an out line to cut and paste my texture into another layer.

I'm looking forward to when ever Rick can implement this type of

line as well it will be extremely useful.

ciao

I posted the search bug(?) on the phpBB3.0 Bugs thread.