Is there a spray paint plugin?

I have recently switched from GIMP to Paint.Net. It is SO much easier to use!

I miss one feature however, that is a spray paint or airbrush tool. I have tried searching for something like this to no avail. Am I missing something?

This would be a custom brush. Try searching http://searchpaint.net for "custom brushes." Or look at the Popular Feature Requests thread :-)

Welcome!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Or wide brush, gaussian blur, etc. and turn the opacity down if you're talking more like the airbrush function...There are plenty of workarounds. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 3 months later...

I think what many of you are not catching on to is the difference between A- Digital painting in real time with airbrush effects, and B- Post-work, which is applying effects (frosted glass and noise) to selected pixels after the painting is done. Believe me- ain't NO comparison!

Seems there's two kinds of people here: Those who know something about Photoshop, and those who don't.

It's all cool, if you're content with the "work-around" method of digital art as found in P.N, but it sounds ignorant when you try to defend P.N for not having certain features.

So I read that a new custom brush section is planned for maybe mid-2009.

See y'all in about 18 months :roll:

Why has a 3 1/2 month old topic been resurrected, I ask?

And we're 'defending' Paint.NET for a reason: the original poster of the topic had recently switched to Paint.NET and wished to know about this functionality in Paint.NET, not Photoshop. Plus, how would this sound...

'I've just switched from the GIMP to Paint.NET and would love to see an airbrush feature.'

'Sorry, we don't have that yet. But you can pay upwards of $700 to have an airbrush at your disposal.'

...?

:roll:

Oh, by the way - I have Adobe Photoshop CS2. So, yeah, I know a little something about photoshop. :-)

I think what many of you are not catching on to is the difference between A- Digital painting in real time with airbrush effects, and B- Post-work, which is applying effects (frosted glass and noise) to selected pixels after the painting is done. Believe me- ain't NO comparison!

Seems there's two kinds of people here: Those who know something about Photoshop, and those who don't.

It's all cool, if you're content with the "work-around" method of digital art as found in P.N, but it sounds ignorant when you try to defend P.N for not having certain features.

So I read that a new custom brush section is planned for maybe mid-2009.

See y'all in about 18 months :roll:

Why are you posting to a thread that's 4 months old?

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg