Info on updating through a proxy, please

Hi i work at a school in New Zealand and we want to put paint.net on the omputers in out ict room for the kids to use, we have it installed but can't use it as it always say checking for new update and cos the school is on a proxy it can't check, and then closes.

The other thing is it says the beta has run out so we update it but still no go :(

How can i get it working so the kids can use it?

Any help please

cripster@artwheels.co.nz

Graham Fisher

cripster@xtra.co.nz

Work: gfisher@weymouthprimary.school.nz

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth Winxp sp2

You should download a non-beta version (for the moment this is v3.08), so the program will not expire anymore. After that, you should go to the update options and uncheck both boxes, so pdn will stop looking for updates automatically.

edit: you should also change the topic title to something more descriptive, otherwise an evil mod will come and close the topic

sigbar0ks.png

Three things:

1) Please change your topic title, the Rules dictate that they need to be descriptive. Thanks.

2) If you can't use the inbuilt updater then just redownload from here: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html. Updates to the program are always listed on this forum plus that on the Paint.NET homepage, it would be wise to keep checking every month or so (the average period between updates) for the latest versions as this will save you from Betas timing out or missing out on new features and bug fixes.

3) Using search may yield answers quicker than starting a new topic. A tip when using the forum search is to narrow down your query by selecting a certain forum, this will wean out unnecessary results. Obviously for a technical problem like this one the Bugs & Troubleshooting section is an obvious choice.

Hope this helps :D.

Sorry about the topic its been along time since i posted here and just forgot.

We have tryed to turn the auto check off on each computer but its still checks, i'll give your answers to out tech guy on tuesday and he can see what he can do.

Graham Fisher

cripster@xtra.co.nz

Work: gfisher@weymouthprimary.school.nz

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth Winxp sp2

If you use unattended installation (aka active directory / group policy deployement):

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/U ... ation.html

MSI Property Name : CHECKFORUPDATES

Enables (1) or disables (0) automatic update checking.

My 2 cents, but installing betas in schools is NOT something to do.

@EvilNeko: I think you don't see what we mean by "proxy".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

n0 1337 4n0nY|ˇ|0uz |>r0×y1n |-|3r3.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio