1970's Retro

Can someone please show me how to do some cool 1970's graphics. I am mainly trying to figure out how to do text or a picture with a series of fat lines outlining it in different colors. I hope that makes sense. I tried to find something on here or in a tutorial. I am very new to this and have no graphics training. Everything I have done I have done with the tutorials. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ciaold1aeu5.jpg

Can you find a picture like you're trying to replicate on Google Images or something, so we can see what you're talking about? I'm confused.

EDIT: Good job, Ash...speedy gonzales...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

loser

(See, I can do it, too!)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Feel free to call me any name that you want but I am getting nowhere with this. I am using the AVP font from the link that the Matrix text came form on the Matrix tut. When I do the outline the letter itself turns white and the outline is really fuzzy. Would a short demonstration or tut be to much to ask because I am obviously a big idiot when it comes to this stuff. Thanks

ciaold1aeu5.jpg

I think we have a big misunderstanding.

I am saying use : outline object plugin.

I think you are using : outline effect.

Look for a list & links for plugins on my google page.

And put thr text or object on a new layer (the rest of the area is transparent)

If you'd post a pic on what you are working on like I asked you to.

We would've known the problem earlier.

And also I asked you to get the link to the plugin on my google page a few post back.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]