ipod ads style images using PDN

hi i am new to this forum so if my question has been asked before i am very sorry...heres my question...would someone know how to recreate the ipod style ads similar to these on the ipop website?http://ipopmyphoto.com/....there are tutorials out there but all of them seems to use photoshop and i don't know how to use nor have the patience to learn how to use photoshop since i am already comfortable with PDN....thanks...i would really appreciate it...

this'll be really quick because im going to bed but...

Open picture, crop IPOD, CTRL + I to inverse your selection, dup layer, colour filter (ed harvey effect), set bottom layer to B&W (STILL UNDER SELECTION) set top layer opacity to about 175ish.

done.

wow that sucked, someone will put this more indepth later

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

1. Cut out what you want to be a silhouette. (This Tutorial is a good way of doing that)

2. Shift+Magic wand :MagicWandTool: in the transparent area outside the image.

3. Invert selection :InvertSelection: (Ctrl+I)

4. Using the Rectangle tool :RectangleTool: set on "Draw Filled Shape" :ShapeInterior:, with your primary color black, start at the very top-left of your canvas and drag all the way down to the very bottom-right. Deselect :Deselect: (Ctrl+D), then FEATHER this layer (using this plugin).

5. Make a new layer :AddNewLayer: . Choose the rounded rectangle :RoundedRectangleTool: set on "Draw Filled Shape" :ShapeInterior:, with your primary color white, and antialiasing off :AntiAliasingOff: to make the iPod. Rotate it into place with the rotate/zoom tool :RotateZoom:. Using the Paintbrush :PaintBrushTool:, on white with antialiasing off :AntiAliasingOff:, draw the earbuds and the cords.

6. Use the eraser :EraserTool: to erase wherever the character's body overlaps the iPod, earbuds, or cords (especially if it's a profile view, or the character has the cords behind their neck; also look at the hand where the character is holding the iPod). FEATHER this layer.

7. Add another layer :AddNewLayer: and move it to the bottom :Down::Down:. Use Bucket Fill :PaintBucketTool: to color it completely with your desired background color. Add in text :TextTool: with antialiasing on :AntiAliasingOn: (Apple uses "Myriad"). Flatten. :Flatten: Save. :Save: Get nourishment. :mtdew: Smile. :D

Did that help? (I think I got a little too happy with the emoticons... :) )

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 years later...

thanks everyone...i really appreciate it.....now i will try it myself..

Open picture, crop IPOD, CTRL + I to inverse your selection, dup layer, colour filter (ed harvey effect), set bottom layer to B&W (STILL UNDER SELECTION) set top layer opacity to about 175ish.