How do you make a font with a black border?

i hate keep asking questions but i love this program sooo much i want to be a pro at it! how do you get the font with a black border around the letters but white in the inside

like this font!(currently the tut i was looking at)

18.jpg

userbarv2db0.gif

I wouldn't use outline I would personally use this method:

1) install this plugin;

2) type your text in white (or whatever colour you desire);

3) duplicate layer;

4) on the bottom duplicate layer use the above plugin with a few pixels of blur, colour black (or whatever colour you wish) and untick the 'Keep original image' box, X=0 and Y=0, click OK;

5) duplicate this shadow layer as many times as you want to create a solid outline, then merge all these down into one.

This is only a suggestion and maybe Ash's way is better, but this is how I do outlined text.

You can also duplicate the layer, go to the lower duplicate, change the color of the font to black, then gausian blur it slightly, and merge the upper white font down on it... this will give you a softer outline than the drop shadow outline.

btw... there are some tuts that have these methods mentioned :roll: :wink:

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

the way i do it is i duplicate the text layer then mess with the contrast/brightness to make the bottom one black then apply a gausion blur to it. After that all you have to do is duplicate and merge thew bottom layer over and over again untill it's dark enough ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

OMG(scared)

i did google it, i read the rules before i posted too! but nothing came up when i googled >_< sorry I should have mentioned i have been looking for it for hours, i tried all your methods and still didn't come up with nothing... maybe i'm doing it wrong so i'll try a few time

EDIT: OMG i got it!! thank you ash!

userbarv2db0.gif

so instead of doing all this mumbo jumbo, make a layer write what you want in the color you want, then make a new layer and put it underneath the 1st layer in black of the font(write the same thing) and move it slightly down & to the right....

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(