Questions About Custom Shapes

Hello. :)

Is there a way to make shapes using inkscape, avoid coding, and yet have them be compatible with paint.net and use them as custom shapes?

Is there a format I need to save inkscape's shapes in?

Would or could I make shapes in inkscape and then use the Shapes Maker plugin to convert the shapes or load the shapes?

Thanks.

If Inkscape can generate an SVG path you can copy that directly into ShapeMaker.

Paste Path Stream

Paste Path Stream is used to copy SVG Shapes into ShapeMaker. Simply copy the SVG code between

the Path tags then hit File > Paste Path Stream to paste the Shape into the Drawing grid and Path List.

Paste Path is capable of interpreting StreamGeometry strings which are a lightweight version of

PathGeometry strings. Both can appear in XAML files - but only StreamGeometry can be parsed by

ShapeMaker. Users attempting to paste in PathGeometry strings will get a "Bad Format" error even

though there is nothing 'wrong' with the string.

Thanks for an answer.

But, I wanted to avoid coding because I have no idea how to code or where to get codes. If you're going to talk code, then what is a path stream? What is a path tag? How do I find out if inkscape has SVG code and then where do I get it?

I was hoping for an answer that doesn't need coding, and I was hoping the answer would help me as well as others who may be interested in making shapes in inkscape and then importing them into paint.net's "custom shapes", without the knowledge of coding.

There is no easy way in the moment.

Typically the content of an SVG file (the standard file format of Inkscape) is much too complex to map it to a simple paint.net xaml shape.

This is even true for simple svg icons.

There is only one simple case. If your svg file contains a single <path> element with a <d> element then you can copy the attribute of the <d> (a string containing line points) to the <Geometry> element of a xaml file.

The previous sentence tells you that even the simple case would need a long explanation to the user.

midoras signature.gif