Filesize is different on Majorgeeks.com and Fileforum.com

I downloaded the Paintdotnet_3_01.exe file from both of the above sites, and I've noticed that the file size is smaller when one downloads from Majorgeeks.com.

Fileforum.betanews.com:

PaintDotNet_3_01_BetaNews.exe

5.23 MB (5,488,640 bytes)

5,358 kb

Listed as 5,357 on site

Majorgeeks.com:

PaintDotNet_3_01_MajorGeeks.exe

5.23 MB (5,484,544 bytes)

5,353 kb

Is there any reason for the difference in size? Is there an official md5 hash that I compare them with?

The file download size differs because each mirror gets a little banner that is displayed at the bottom of the installer, a "This download was brought to you by" kind of thing. The banners aren't quite the same file size, so there's a small difference between the two.

Both installers will be digitally signed by Eric Brewster. That's how you know it's legitimate.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

The file download size differs because each mirror gets a little banner that is displayed at the bottom of the installer, a "This download was brought to you by" kind of thing. The banners aren't quite the same file size, so there's a small difference between the two.

Both installers will be digitally signed by Eric Brewster. That's how you know it's legitimate.

Thanks for responding. I checked the digital signatures on both and did find Eric Brewster's name and the signing time appears to be the same.