What am I doing wrong when I resize an image?

I'm trying to design and build a website using a re-done template and my photos didn't fit in the space I had. So I tried using their image editor and finally got the size on the first photo (actually a book cover not a photograph)--at any rate I got it right.

But then the second time I tried, I used pdn to resize. I used exactly the same pixel h X w, but when I put it on the template it was smaller than the first one even though the numbers were exactly the same: 250 w X 400 h.

So what did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Renee

O yeah--I used 300 dpi on both

I'm not certain I'm understanding your problem correctly, but make sure you crop the image (as shown below) so there are no extra areas around the edges before you resize.

2zg81ud.png

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Rick, no need to worry. Replies like MJW's just show what the poster is, and not what I am.

Noob, I didn't leave a border but I think what might have been the problem is that the website host's site settings are overriding mine. At any rate, I finally got it to fit close enough for me. As a real novice at all this even yet, I'm satisfied when I can come close even without the cigar.

Thanks to you and Rick for replies.

Renee