Feature Request - plugin access acceleration

Hello,

Since there is more and more plugins there available and I seem to use dozens of them sometimes I found it hard to look for particular one in "Effects" menu. It would be great to have some of the following in Paint.Net:

1. To pin a plugin icon to the top menu toolbar

2. To have floating toolbar with favourite and recently used plugins

3. To have text input like "filter" in "Effects" menu to make it possible to narrow list of effects no matter of category (like in Windows start menu you type text and see matching applications only)

Regards,

Jakub "Bwana" Sawczuk

• Upvote 1

Overall, an idea to have most used plugins or favorite plugins at quicker access has popped up serveral times before amongst this forum. So you wanting similar features just means there's one more person who's voting for it. ;)

Here's my feedback on your ideas :

1) I like your idea of pinning what you like to the toolbar. I was thinking about that a bit too the other day.

2) I don't really like the idea of too many extra floating windows, even if you could turn them on and off. Because if it turns out you use the windows a lot, then those windows would be open a lot, cluttering work space. Also remember, everyone has different sized PC screens, people with smaller screens are already very cramped in their work space. Keeping Paint.NET comfortable for a broader range of people I think is nicer and better.

3) I don't think I fully understand this idea, but if it's anything like a "plugins search box" then yes, I like it. A plugins search is my personal favored idea at the moment.

:)

Work is progressing on a tool which will help users locate third party effects and adjustments.  Be patient ;)

1. To pin a plugin icon to the top menu toolbar

2. To have floating toolbar with favourite and recently used plugins

1. Nice idea.  I recently suggested a list of the recently used effects be added to the top of the Effects menu (kind of like the Recently Opened Files in the File menu).

• Upvote 1

All I would like to see is a scrollable window for when there are so many plugins the list goes off the screen at the bottom. That arrow  drives me nuts sometimes. If you are not careful where you click you end up opening the bottom most effect on show at the time instead of going down further to the plugin you need.

Don`t know if this will ever be possible in PDN though or I`m sure we would have had this by now. If it is possible with v4 I would love to see it.

Recently used/favourite plugins is a nice idea . :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN