Psd plugin ?

alabama

Hi.

I have been using Paint.Net for a while, but i now need to use a file that is Psd.

I have version 3.5.11 and the Psd plug in which i have put in the file/types folder.

It still say's not enough memory to open file. The file i want to open is a car template foe the NR2003

gen6 mod Could it be that the file is just to bog, or do you think i maybe doing 

something wrong. 

Thank you for any help.

Most likely the file actually is too big.  What is the file size according to the file's Properties?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The file size is 20.4 MB. I thought it may be, but i was under the impression

that was what the plug in changed.

The filesize is not important because it contains compressed data.

A rough calculation of memory size is: (Number of Layers + 3) * pixel width * pixel height * 4.

midoras signature.gif

You can't open that file because it's simply too large to be held in memory by paint.net. More memory would help of course. It's cheap and easy to install.

If you can open to original template you should be good to modify that.

Alternatively - some nice person on the forum might do some editing for you and simplify the imge so it is smaller. Post a link to the file and see what happens.

The file size is to big to attach( 51,593,277 bytes). Oh well i will get on with the old file then.

Thank you everyone for all the help.

Thanks again.

Clive.