how to make this effect in Paint.net

Dear Folks Hi I am newbie in this forum looking for experts help i don't know it is the right place to post this or not so i apologize if i am posting it in wrong place.

let me start with little intro about me my name is Irfan Khan i live in UAE and started learning Paint.net software as i am just the beginner so i need little help in making some effects which is related to my favorite hobby Flying.

i am looking to make some shiny rough text effect as shown in below image how can i make it like this?

9c4e.jpg

and also how i can create some glossy and shiny effect as shown in below image?

janp.png

looking forward for experts suggestions in this i really appreciate any kind of help provided in this.

Regards

Irfan Khan

Edited by piacaptain

1 - type your text (on a different layer)

2 - click the rectangle select tool

3 - take the magic wand tool.

4 - click on "selection mode"

5 - press the square, a drop down menu should appear

6 - press "intersect"

7 - click on the text

8 - in the colours panel while your text is selected, right click on the colour you want. this will set a secondary colour.

9 - left click on another colour, this will set a primary colour.

10 - select the gradient tool

11 - drag the mouse to set your gradient

your image is also broken. once you fix it i can help you.

1 - type your text (on a different layer)

2 - click the rectangle select tool

3 - take the magic wand tool.

4 - click on "selection mode"

5 - press the square, a drop down menu should appear

6 - press "intersect"

7 - click on the text

8 - in the colours panel while your text is selected, right click on the colour you want. this will set a secondary colour.

9 - left click on another colour, this will set a primary colour.

10 - select the gradient tool

11 - drag the mouse to set your gradient

your image is also broken. once you fix it i can help you.

thank you for quick reply Image Links are fixed if you are not able to see the images i am attaching them.please find the attached files.

post-111045-0-42903000-1373956886_thumb.

post-111045-0-14758500-1373956967_thumb.

post-111045-0-20424700-1373957559_thumb.

Edited by piacaptain

1. Add a new layer and use the line/curve tool to draw a white line where the boundary of the gloss will be. Make sure your line goes all the way across the image. You can delete the extra later.

2. Use the paint bucket tool to fill in the area above the line with white.

3. Use the gradient tool set to transparency mode to make the gloss fade vertically. Make sure the boundary is still visible.

4. Adjust the opacity of the layer as needed (in the layer properties)

5. Select the original layer and use the magic wand tool to select the area outside the object, then select the gloss layer again and press the "delete" button on your keyboard.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

1. Add a new layer and use the line/curve tool to draw a white line where the boundary of the gloss will be. Make sure your line goes all the way across the image. You can delete the extra later.

2. Use the paint bucket tool to fill in the area above the line with white.

3. Use the gradient tool set to transparency mode to make the gloss fade vertically. Make sure the boundary is still visible.

4. Adjust the opacity of the layer as needed (in the layer properties)

5. Select the original layer and use the magic wand tool to select the area outside the object, then select the gloss layer again and press the "delete" button on your keyboard.

Dear pdnnoob can you please do me a favor if you can provide me with any of the one sample PSD file for it as suggested will be more helpful.

Thanks in advance

Irfan 

Try this:

1. Set primary color to white.

2. Set secondary color to fully transparent.

3. On a new layer above the text, drag a thin reflected linear gradient out over the text.

How does that look?