Follow up to fuzzy text question - use multiple programs?

My images and text have to be flattened together in order to post them on our website. Do most of you create your text, along with your other images, on Paint.NET, and then flatten them together in the program?

Or, do you use a combination of programs? Do you move images from Paint.NET into other programs where you add text, and then flatten?

Thanks.

You can make a single layer of text with a transparent background and save it as a .png file. Then you can insert the text on your website anywhere you want. If you want to insert text on an image to put on the website then indeed you do have to "flatten" it first and then save as whatever file type you choose. I choose to use the word "merge" instead of "flatten" ,sounds more logical. All this is done in Paint.net. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

If you want sharp text on a website, use text and not an image containing text.

Not only will the text be clearer your page will download faster.

Edit: if you are going to use an image containing text, make absolutely sure the image is being shown at 100% and not being rescaled by the browser. In other words, make the width and height dimensions in the HTML/CSS exactly the same as the image dimensions.

I am using text...I just can't get good quality. I have been told to create it three times the size that I need it, and shrink it down...but when I paste text from Word into the Text+ tool, it ends up being huge, and then getting it the right size is a pain in the < no swearing >. And I didn't notice the quality was any different. My real problem is how do I get good looking, crisp, clear text in this program.

Oh, and I also meant to say that I am creating a flyer that we hand out, but that also needs to be posted on the website.

Should I give up on that, and re-create the flyer on the site, graphics and text separately?

Then I can just use Publisher or some other document to put graphics and text together for the flyer.

For the flyer - use Publisher.  Save it as a PDF and link to that as a download from the website.

Paint.NET is an image editor.  Use it to make stand-alone images - not assembling brochures, flyers, handouts, etc....,

If you want crisp text on a website use HTML, don't put it in an image.