Suggestions

Hello there fellow PDN Members,

My name is Anna or Ash whatever you want to call me. I am a pixel artist and I love to do graphic designs such as a gui for Games. So what I am basically asking for is for all of you lovely to help me out if you can. I am not lazy I just can't find anything I like. Also I would like good plug-ins from represent-able people on here. Anyways what I am looking for is plug-ins that could help me in making my pixel art and my graphics. I know this might be a bit to much to ask but, I would forever appreciate it. Thank you everyone so much and have a great day!

xoxo Annah

Well, as one (not so great) pixel artist to another (probably much better than me), I don't really use anything besides the pencil tool. What kind of plugins would you say are helpful in pixel art?

*points down* what he said :)

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Well, not sure what you haven't found as you've not listed the things that are not to your liking. For most pixel art it always seems like reductions from large image sources and all the other techniques rely on palette reductions or block/pixelating tools. But then with lots of manual adjustments done with basically pencil tool to avoid any problems with left-overs from the downsizing.

Base tools for image reduction into outlines accomplished with Threshold or the other outline tools may be helpful as something to consider.

There is a base effect of Pixelate and a slightly modified version of the idea that winds up in blurs from Pyro called Pixelate+ ... Pixelate+

I dont recall the ways you would reduce color information down for this sort of thing. I think Red Ochre and some others have some color tools though that may help with that.

That's all assuming you are doing pixel art conversion of other things more or less and working downward in sizing from what I know of it.

Figure if I think out loud on these, you might be able to clarify what sort of plugins you are thinking would be useful in the area.

Hope that helps.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Well in my other topic I suggested the burn and dodge tools, but those aren't in the paint.net or a plug-in. Lets see, maybe like a shade tool or maybe a lightning tool effect. Some kind of transparency helpers, like you could select a certain area and it makes it a certain amount of transparent of your choice. Grids, circles that glow, button makers, things like that.

Most of those are available, but not engineered at doing pixel art specifically. Though even in PS the comparatives are not geared such ... Conversion to pixel level art could be done though using them as tracing masks, etc though.

I would suggest taking some time going through the plugins fully to see what isn't available: Plugin Index - There's more here than most people realize.

Edited by delpart

Gallery at PDN-Fans