Firey Text

Tom Jackson

Great tutorial! With a few changes and etc. and being rather new to this programme, here is what I've achieved as a logo for my GCSE project.

It's not great, but it's alright I think.:D

yournextgenlogoak5.png

If anyone has any improvement ideas, or knows an ideal size to save this as for the logo (going into word files, powerpoint multimedia adverts, spreadsheets, receipts, databases etc.)

• 3 weeks later...
... wish i knew how to get it like barkbark00's work

Hint: Use dents :D

Based on this hint, I have come up with these:

6r6c9j.jpg

f0u1rl.png

I'm still playing around with all of the different effects I have available. I haven't been able to get the inside of the text to look more... hollow.

Thank you! Hopefully this plugin will enable me to get the desired result (i.e. the hollow-like effect in the first image in this thread).

I actually like how that turned out, actually. Maybe you used negation on the cloud effects instead of the layer? Either way, it turned out pretty cool.

Try the plugin:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25180

The plugin makes life much easier. This is what I was able to do with the plugin:

3538lm1.png

Before, I couldn't get a hollow effect with the text. The plugin made life much easier. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I really love the fiery text so i had a quick go at my name T1Cybernetic (only took 15 minutes) i am only a learner still to paint.NET but i am pretty surprised and happy with what i got :wink: Although i could do probably do better next time...

12468_a1f28d8a678e5a7c9c78253743fafe49

"EDIT"

I was not 100% happy with my first attempt but earlier on i had an excuse to play a prank on a friend so i took the time to try the tutorial once again but this time i am wide awake and read it word for word and here is what i got ;) 100% happy with this one...

12468_7e600a1f99c266f6e1414c5a607a603d

Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - I am a newbie and having some problems. When I follow the tutorial I lose my text as soon as I add the cloud layer. I thought I would break it down to what I am doing and hopefully someone can help.

1. Create the text layer, white on black - change the background to black and text to white on the background layer?

1. Use a large, blocky font - I am using Arial Black in Bold and Italic

2. Blur this layer with a gaussian blur - effects, blur, gaussian, I am using 1

2. Create the difference clouds layer - I am creating a new layer right here (my 2nd layer)

1. Set the blending mode for the clouds layer to 'Negation' - effects - render - clouds scale is at 250 roughness is at .50 I just change blend mode to negation

2. Render clouds with the scale for the clouds at roughly twice the font size - I am lost here

3. Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look - Is this Ctrl F?

3. Use Levels to adjust the clouds layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then under the output area, the replace the default values of 255, 1.00, 0 with 128, 2.0, 0. These are the output White point, output gamma, and output black point, respectively. - adjustment - levels (I think I have this one okay)

4. Use Levels to adjust the text layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input white point (the top-left textbox) to 210. - I select the text layer instead of the cloud layer here?

5. Flatten the image - hey I know how to do this,, hot dog

6. Use Levels to adjust the flattened image. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input range (the textboxes on the left) to 255, 96 (it defaults to 255, 0). - Would not allow me to get into the 0 to change to 96?

7. Open up the Curves adjustment. Choose 'RGB' under 'Transfer map', then uncheck the 'Red' and 'Green' checkboxes so you're only modifying the blue channel, add a control point as shown below. Do the same for the green channel so you have the curves shown below - I know how to do this also, I am on fire - LOL

Ok, what the heck am I doing wrong? Thanks!

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... 5c407c.png

maybe i am going wrong somewhere.....

its either this or the flame thing is comin with the entire background also fiery...

Also i tried with 3 layers : background text clouds

also with 2 layers....maybe the 3 layer thing works...

but what should the background be...

this is exactly what i did according to the 1st post

Steps:

1. create a new image

2.resize

3. create a text layer, paint bucket with black, text with white

4. gaussian blur 1/8 size of font

5. create clouds layer, layer properties --> blending mode =negation

6. Gradient tool, color = black, create a gradient on clouds layer

7. now the clouds effect, scale = 193 (font size = 104) mode = difference

8. repeat as desired (1 or 2 twice i did)

9. levels on output 128, 2.0 , 0 on clouds layer

10. levels input 210 on text layer (dont worry i resetted as it said)

11. flatten

12. level again accordingly to 1st post

13. curves adjustment

where am i going wrong...???

why doesnt it have the fiery effect?

As to answer hollyam's post...

1.i suppose the background is not as same as text layer....

2. gaussian blur is 1/8 size of font..meaning if ur font size = 48, gaussian blur scale = 6

3. render ->> clouds --> mode = difference

Negation is layer properties

4. rest steps are okay...try correcting these....i did but cudnt exactly get the effect...Maybe a Uber-super experft can help find the minor detail in this :wink: :wink:

Thanks to anyone who answers.....i m new to paint.net, my first post and its been around 2 weeks... made other things as well since the forum is well maintained...will show it in respective posts..

Did you Have a Nice DREAM???!!! ban.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I when i do the cloud effect ALL IT DOES is change the backround from white to black, when i do effect again it will turn opposite color.

Example: I do cloud, backround is white. I do cloud again (ctrl f) and it turns black again..

Yeah I had that problem, too. What your doing wrong is that you have your primary color on white. You need to change the color back to black after you make the text

Hello - I am a newbie and having some problems. When I follow the tutorial I lose my text as soon as I add the cloud layer. I thought I would break it down to what I am doing and hopefully someone can help.

1. Create the text layer, white on black - change the background to black and text to white on the background layer?

1. Use a large, blocky font - I am using Arial Black in Bold and Italic

2. Blur this layer with a gaussian blur - effects, blur, gaussian, I am using 1

2. Create the difference clouds layer - I am creating a new layer right here (my 2nd layer)

1. Set the blending mode for the clouds layer to 'Negation' - effects - render - clouds scale is at 250 roughness is at .50 I just change blend mode to negation

2. Render clouds with the scale for the clouds at roughly twice the font size - I am lost here

3. Repeat it a bunch to get a whispy look - Is this Ctrl F?

3. Use Levels to adjust the clouds layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then under the output area, the replace the default values of 255, 1.00, 0 with 128, 2.0, 0. These are the output White point, output gamma, and output black point, respectively. - adjustment - levels (I think I have this one okay)

4. Use Levels to adjust the text layer. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input white point (the top-left textbox) to 210. - I select the text layer instead of the cloud layer here?

5. Flatten the image - hey I know how to do this,, hot dog

6. Use Levels to adjust the flattened image. Open the levels adjustment, hit Reset, then change the input range (the textboxes on the left) to 255, 96 (it defaults to 255, 0). - Would not allow me to get into the 0 to change to 96?

7. Open up the Curves adjustment. Choose 'RGB' under 'Transfer map', then uncheck the 'Red' and 'Green' checkboxes so you're only modifying the blue channel, add a control point as shown below. Do the same for the green channel so you have the curves shown below - I know how to do this also, I am on fire - LOL

Ok, what the heck am I doing wrong? Thanks!

In order from the start to finish

1.your primary color is on white, or somewhere near that color. you need to put the prime color on black

1.take off the italics

2.you probably want to make the text a little more blurred

2.you need three layers. the background is black (bottom layer) then the cloud layer on top of that and then the text layer on top of that

1.try adjusting the roughness

2.there is a text in the box that says "scale" you want to adjust its number to around twice the number of the text you did

3.when using paint.net you can go back to effects and there will be something along the lines of "repeat cloud" try using that

4.yes, after you adjust the levels on cloud layer you do change to the text layer.

6.you might want to hit "reset". maybe that will fix that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome ! Thanks for the tips. Only bad thing is, as I am a new user it is hard for me, and many others, to keep up and understand what your trying to tell us. so could you please make it easyer to understand and follow what your saying. Thanks

IMPI_SPIRIT%282%29d.jpg

- Paintball is the special Olympics of Airsoft -