Text with background

Hi...

Is there a way in Paint.NET itself (or... a plugin) to add text with a blocked out background (in one step)?

In other words... so I don't have to draw a filled square, rectangle, etc., first... before I add text on top of it.

Is this post good enough to make suggestion for such a feature (does author read this)?

One could, perhaps, simply add a tool option (similar to the rectangle/etc option to draw outline, filled, or filled with outlline)... for text to have a background (please? ;).

Or can someone create a plugin to do so?

(Shall I post separately for a suggestion for Paint.NET to use the Windows 7 print options for printing multiple files to a single sheet?

When I click Print... Win7 gives the options, but no matter what multi-pic format is selected, only the currently displayed picture is shown/printed.

I would like for Paint.NET to supply currently open pics to the multi-pic format... if 2x2 (four pic) format is selected, then the first open four pics would be arrayed.

Then it would be nice to be able to re-arrange the order of pics in the Paint.NET menubar.)

Thanks for any info.

Greetings,

I am not sure if I understand the question, because when I open PDN I get a default canvas to work on and I just go to the Tools menu button and scroll down to the Text Button, click on it and move over to the canvas and click on to get a Text bar and start typing.

How about this plugin? Speech Bubble

Greetings,

I am not sure if I understand the question, because when I open PDN I get a default canvas to work on and I just go to the Tools menu button and scroll down to the Text Button, click on it and move over to the canvas and click on to get a Text bar and start typing.

Thanks for your interest...

Imagine a picture with an UGLY date stamp on it... imagine you want to add some identifying text, like "relatives on edge of volcano, just before..." ...and... you want to put it over the UGLY date stamp. As far as I know... I'd have to draw a filled box over the date stamp, then add the text.

(It's not me putting the date stamp on all the pix... don't go there. ;) Captions are needed on the pix, for those who will receive them.)

Be nice if I could just "add text" and click an option, similar to font size, to fill in the background behind just the text.

Perhaps 'speech bubble' could work... seems like there's quite a few inputs, hopefully they'll 'default' well. (Thanks, E.E.R. ;))

[Edit: (again)... Speech Bubble can be set up to work well, I think (it remembers settings), although (always an although)... the XY 0,0 position (for text) leaves significant space from the upper left corner of the 'bubble'... wish it allowed placing text tight up against upper left corner, so the 'bubble' could be a tight enclosure. Not as simple as a text option (which I'd still like in the 'suggestion box'), but workable. Thanks.]

Edited by RpD

Plugins should remember settings between instances, but not between Paint.NET sessions. So you'd be wise to write down the settings if you want to repeat them over a restart of Paint.NET.