Create New at certain size glitches

Dom818

I was creating the graphics for one of my new games when I ran across a very annoying bug. When I created an image that was 40x640 pixels, Paint.NET glitches and refuses to correctly paint or select that bottom section of about 20 pixels. I am not sure if this is only my computer or what would cause this. This is the only time I have ever run into this.

Any suggestions on why it would do this?

Thanks in advance!

What version are you using?

This is a known issue with the canvas in Paint.NET 3.5.x with "very tall" images ("very tall" being based on the ratio between width and height). Unless your zoom is set to 100%, there are discrepancies between the zoom level and what the UI control rounds things to, and things like mouse input get calculated to the "wrong" coordinates.

The workaround is to set your zoom level to an integral level such as 100%, 200%, etc.

Also, 4.0 will not have this problem, as the canvas has been totally rewritten and is much more robust in numerous ways.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This is a known issue with the canvas in Paint.NET 3.5.x with "very tall" images ("very tall" being based on the ratio between width and height). Unless your zoom is set to 100%, there are discrepancies between the zoom level and what the UI control rounds things to, and things like mouse input get calculated to the "wrong" coordinates.

The workaround is to set your zoom level to an integral level such as 100%, 200%, etc.

Also, 4.0 will not have this problem, as the canvas has been totally rewritten and is much more robust in numerous ways.

Thanks for the help! I will use the workaround for now until 4.0.

And I would just like to thank you for this amazing program and all you do to keep it running at it's best! :)