Logo Enhancement

Hey guys! I'm making a new channel on YouTube and for my "team" I made a simple logo. I need some help with it however. I made the basic idea but I really want someone to make it cleaner with sharper edges and really make it look professional. I want to symbol to by nice and clean and mabe a bit thicker. The text I want to be like some sort of cool script almost like the kid used for the original skateboards logo. I don't want the text to be a simple font like I used. I want it to be hand made and amazing. If anyone can help with this please do! Submit your modified logo here! The best logo I will use for my new channel. Thanks guys!

post-85239-131975588122_thumb.png

We won't do your work for you - this is a Forum Rule (#23).

However, we can point you to the tools you need to learn to do it yourself.

1. Cleaner, sharper edges: Try AA's Assistant (plugin).
  2. Looking professional: You + effort + experience.
  3. Thicker: Outline Object (plugin).
  4. Fonts: dafont.com or any one of a multitude of similar sites.

You might also be needing this URL: http://searchpaint.net/ I suggest bookmarking it boltbait.wink.png

Sorry I didn't know. I just thought it would be nice if someone could help me out. Yes I use Dafont what I'm saying is that fonts are cool but I want mine to be custom. Also outline makes edges smooth and round. And to gain all effort and experience takes time, which I don't have.

We won't do your work for you - this is a Forum Rule (#23).

However, we can point you to the tools you need to learn to do it yourself.

1. Cleaner, sharper edges: Try AA's Assistant (plugin).
  2. Looking professional: You + effort + experience.
  3. Thicker: Outline Object (plugin).
  4. Fonts: dafont.com or any one of a multitude of similar sites.

You might also be needing this URL: http://searchpaint.net/ I suggest bookmarking it boltbait.wink.png

....Yes I use Dafont what I'm saying is that fonts are cool but I want mine to be custom. Also outline makes edges smooth and round.

What you have looks like a custom font. Keep fiddling with it!

And to gain all effort and experience takes time, which I don't have.

People who don't have the time or skill use money to purchase them. Either hire a graphic designer or learn to use Paint.net to make your own cool graphics. The forum is not the place to look for freebies....

Now on to your logo: To me, the stylized S on the left is all neat rounded curves, while the text is straight lines and angular. The two don't seem to match IMHO.

For custom text, you could scan in your own handwriting. If you decide to do it this way, make sure you use a dark pen or a marker on a completely white sheet of paper. You could do it on lined paper and remove it with the brightness/contrast adjustment, but that tends to reduce the quality of the text.

Another method you could try is using the curves tool to trace your scanned text. This means you can have a poor quality image while still getting high quality text...it just takes a bit longer.

Also, you can make you own font here...if you have enough patience

I do agree with EER, though. It may be better if you found a business-type font rather than a handwriting style font.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo