Picture blending

Hi everyone

Im sorry, first if this is in the wrong place, but I did have a 'tutor' in 'Sarkut' but he hasnt been in touch for while, 4 months I am told, so not sure where he has gone, though i do hope he is ok.

He was showing me step by step how to blend photos together and said if I had any problems to msg him to save time, and I would show him each 'lesson' Id learnt.

Is there anyone else or ANYWHERE else I can learn step by step blending and understand it :D I am determined to learn it right and master/acheive it :D

Here is an example of what he was helping me with, hope its clear enough

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/SharonHarvey2/d1bb5105.jpg

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
replaced image with link

hey, most of us here are quite willing to help, but we need a bit more info on what you need help with-- the example you posted (aside from being overlarge for our forums) is quite dark, and its hard to tell where you might need advice--it would be better to post the picture itself, instead of a picture of the picture.. if that makes any sense. also we dont know where sarkut left off and where we should start, so a description of the exact problem you are working on now is needed-- take it step by step, once we solve one issue we will then deal with the next. looks like youve got the basics down, so what is it you need help with. and dont worry aboutit if it takes a thousand words to describe what you want, as long as we have a clear idea of it :D

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

A tutorial you might like:

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou for this, I am about to go on my holiday but on my return shall answer and hopefully get the 'problem' solved :D Watch this space!!!!

****Ok back now!****

2 pics together

d1bb5105.jpg

MFandKelseyblendedtogether.jpg

Exampleofhenriktoplaywith.jpg

ToshowSarkut.jpg

Ok, i am showing you the above as it maybe would show you what I am going to attempt to explain!!!!

Now I have looked at the link given to show the easiest way to blend photos together transparently, which was ok (Need some practice I think!!!!) but - and I am unsure if that way would eventually lead to what I want, but at the moment it didnt appear to look that way.

Now, Sarkut had put Kelsey's photo from OUT of her background and inserted it into the picture of Michael, hence looking near enough like they were together? (You see these sort of photos appear in magazines showing different characters that are about to appear in a storyline together and them advertising it)

He told me, what he had done was 'drawn around her photo' with some red lines (I had to have a go at this) THEN use the wand to ...(I think this is what he was explaining - I had asked him this at the moment, as he told me if there was any problems to ask straight away to save time)click inside (Or was it outside - by this time I was getting stuck as both didnt appear to work the way he had shown me) so was asking him again. Now the link below I hope shows the conversation we were having. The other links up top are showing the best way we were doing things including how he did Kelsey and Michael. :)))) Really hope you can help

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=39110

Hm this is something that Sarkut did show me at the beginning then discarded it (Is there any sound to it as I cannot hear it, also it goes far to quick for me to understand whats happening :(( ).....i want the pics to come out like below, thats what he was doing with the Kelsey and Michael photos above.:

post-50478-131584150827_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharonharvey2

Hm this is something that Sarkut did show me at the beginning then discarded it (Is there any sound to it as I cannot hear it, also it goes far to quick for me to understand whats happening :(( ).....i want the pics to come out like below, thats what he was doing with the Kelsey and Michael photos above.:

Something tells me i am not doing it right (Trying very hard to follow that video) and all I am acheieving is the attachment, which I know doesnt look right!!!! Also is it anything to do with the red lining, I am trying very hard to do it right, but wondering as Sarkut said, if you get a fraction wrong it wont work, but its hard when you are learning it from the very beginning!

HELP!!!!

post-50478-131584389879_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharonharvey2

There is a image + text version of the tutorial below the video link. Did you have a look at that?

Yes, if you can follow the last tutorial you linked to - it looks very similar to the one I suggested in post #3.

There is a image + text version of the tutorial below the video link. Did you have a look at that?

Yes, if you can follow the last tutorial you linked to - it looks very similar to the one I suggested in post #3.

Yeah the one with the laptop picture only? Thats a little annoying lol! Be nicer with the picture of what they are meant to be showing ;))

Yes I thought that too.....shall check it out and get back to you....watch this space - again! ;)