agjm's art gallery ~ new image 11-19-2012 - New Image This Month!

AGJM

That's very nice. (On the critique side: the clicking for your gallery text would look better below the water reflection ? )

Awesome job on your avatar

I agree with Welsh on the critique but also on the avvie! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Reflections can get really tricky. The best thing to do and duplicate the layer, flip it and then make it transparent. Nice work, btw.

Good advice, thanks!

I just used the plugin from whatever pack I got.

I think my computer has a virus.

Not really. I just hate the "Norton Security Scan" pop-ups. Is there a way to get that off my computer?

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Made a new image. Its small, but it has some nice contrast.

RiseAgainstModified2.png

I may crop it down to use as a sig sometime.

EDIT: The above image is really low quality. It looked fine when I made it. My system is 64 bit, and the PNG saves as 32 bit... would that affect image quality?

Next, I'll make something like this image I found on the internet. Shouldn't be too hard.

1zgf2h4.jpg

It looks like it could be easily made in Paint.net with only one or two stocks.

Edited by AGJM

I like your new image. I'm not sure about the bit, though. Maybe someone can help you out there. And the image you want to create next doesn't look too hard. You don't even have to use stocks, just a little experimenting with what PDN can do.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I like your new image. I'm not sure about the bit, though. Maybe someone can help you out there. And the image you want to create next doesn't look too hard. You don't even have to use stocks, just a little experimenting with what PDN can do.

Good point. I may use the "interface orb" tutorial for a centerpoint for the lines, too. With my name in the middle. I'm gonna go finish my homework up, now.

See you later.

AGJM, nice work but I'd run a Gaussian blur @ low - say 1 or 2 or maybe a feather & AA Assistant? just to take the slight jaggy off those curved edges. You may need to do that before you do the reflection as GB can do awful things to low transparency.

Great to see you experimenting!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

AGJM, nice work but I'd run a Gaussian blur @ low - say 1 or 2 or maybe a feather & AA Assistant? just to take the slight jaggy off those curved edges. You may need to do that before you do the reflection as GB can do awful things to low transparency.

Great to see you experimenting!

Thanks!

Also, jaggies?

On which image?

Wow. That's really good. I would think that the bottom of the palm leaves on the left side (the one standing taller)would be a little sharper and darker. Not sure, though. Still, an amazing job done.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Wow. That's really good. I would think that the bottom of the palm leaves on the left side (the one standing taller)would be a little sharper and darker. Not sure, though. Still, an amazing job done.

I don't know. Same image for both, just rotated and with different brightness/contrast.

Some parts of the palm are like grey which I don't like. But I do love the way you're reworked the rain drops. Gives a great atmosphere. Darken the palms & you have a winner. I like the concept too - great idea!

Thanks!
I'll go back in and darken them in a bit.
I got rainmeter, so I've been working on making my desktop look flashy.

edit: my younger self was not at all concerned about hiding personal information.  

The palm trees are already as dark as possible

PalmTreeSillouhettes.jpg

Here is a darkened version, if it helps:
RainTreesEDIT.jpg

Edited by AGJM

I love that desktop image! Way cool.

I also love what you did with the bright bars. Very nice outcome. Really clean & crisp. Well done!

Thanks. Next time, I think I'd like to have sharper outlines on the bars though.

Woah! I didn't see the bars image. It just stands right from the background! Very nicely done. The latest image, its texture, is so neat. It kind of has a denim feel to it.

I like the texture too. I used this for the texture: http://fc04.devianta...e_by_brake2.jpg

I think it turned out fairly well.