Can I crop pictures in Paint.net as if I was using scissors?

I was wondering if there is an option in Paint.net to crop pictures not in the usual rectangle shape but like using scissors, like someone that cuts a drawing he did on a sheet of paper with scissors, which means to crop in any shape that I want.

Anybody knows?

TIA

I was wondering if there is an option in Paint.net to crop pictures not in the usual rectangle shape but like using scissors, like someone that cuts a drawing he did on a sheet of paper with scissors, which means to crop in any shape that I want.

Anybody knows?

TIA

the closest thing would probably be to use lasso.

Pls wait. Signature will be coming VERY soon. XD

Like pArKeL said, use the lasso selection tool to select what you wish to crop to, then hit ctrl+shift+x (or go to image:crop to selection). The image will still be square, but everything not in your selection will be transparent. It is not possible to save a non-rectangular image.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo