Looking for a special plugin

Hello. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I did searched extensively for an answer before posting. It's been a while since I've used paint.net but it's always been my paint program of choice.

I've been reloading my comp with plugins for

the past two days but I'm having trouble finding one of my favorites.

I'm looking for a shadow plugin I used to use.

I found the drop shadow and it works fine but it's not the shadow maker I used to use. What I used before had like a 3D ball you could grab and rotate any direction. It automatically created a skewed shadow and allowed you to lay the shadow flat on the ground beside the object casting the shadow. Even below the object much like a reflection plugin.

Unless I'm overlooking an option in the drop shadow, it will only cast a shadow behind the object, like on a wall. Does anyone know where to find the old shadow maker I'm talking about?

Thanks, Zoom

I have what looks like a really really old, outdated version of what you are looking for with extremely limited functionality. I'll just say I'm also wondering if this still exists :roll:

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

The only other shadow plugin around is this one: Shadow effect Is that what you're looking for?

Thanks guys. I tried Ryan's shadow effect above but that's not it. I was hoping it would do the same thing but all I can do with Ryan's shadow effect is create a shadow blob that's very undefined, or out of focus. With it's limited options, there's not much I can do with it.

I know there are ways to make your own shadows without a plugin such as vertically flipping a duplicated image, making the second image black and adjusting it's transparency. But you can't angle a manually created shadow like that.

Hmmm, I just thought of something. Maybe it wasn't a shadow plugin I used to have, but rather a skewing tool I may have been using on a manually created shadow as described above. I'm off to look for a skewing tool and some shadow tuts. boltbait.smile.png

If someone can recommend the best skewing tool for such a purpose, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Glad we could help. Welcome to the forum.