Request: Auto-flatten image for jpg

I use Paint.Net a lot to create images for Word. So I save in .jpg org .png. And everytime I save my work (which contains layers), Paint.Net asks if I want to flatten it.

Can you please add an "Remeber my selection" check-box, or auto-flatten the image. I think, after seeing that dialog-box for 100x times, you know that there will be no layers afterwards.

Alternatively, you could add a command "Save As Copy..." which doesn't ask for flattening, and will not change the currently active image. (This solution would not require you internally keep track of the user choices.)

Thanks!

Edited by M8R1n

CTRL + SHIFT + F will flatten your image. Use this key combination before you save.

If you save as a PDN file, you will not be prompted to flatten as Paint.Net's own file format (*.pdn) preserves the layer structure.

In summary:

1. Save your working copies of images as a *.pdn (no prompts).

2. When your image is finished, CTRL + SHIFT + F (flattens your image).

3. Save As...., *.jpg

Leaves you with a layered version and a flattened version. You can revisit the *.pdn version if you need to make changes boltbait.wink.png