Cutout exactly the same area from multiple pics

Hi!

My first day with Paint.net.

I have been taken pictures of several objects with the same shape but different colors. The objects appears in the same place in the picures.

I would now like to cut out a rectangular part that contains the object from the pictures.

To do so I have to guess I have to use the rectangular select tool. But how do I make sure that I blow it up to the same size and place it in the same position from one picture to another?

/Mårten

Thank your for your reply. I don't get it. Trying to follow you I do like this:

1. I open pic1
  2. I Click Rectangel Select and make my selection
  3. Ctrl+C
  4. I Open pic2
  5. Ctrl+V
  6. The copied select now is pasted into pic2 wich is not what I wanted, I only wanted the selection rectangel to "jump into" pic2, not the picture.

I understand that this made me see exactly the same blue Rectangel in exactly the same place as in pic1. Great, thats what I want. But how do I go on?

The thing I want to do with the pics is that I want to crop to selection

Position and size the selection where you want it.

Make a new layer and fill the selection with any solid color.

Import that layer into the other files as a template,

and use the Magic Wand to re-create the selection.

Make the template layer not visible, and use the selection on the image layer.

Edited by Sarkut

Position and size the selection where you want it. //No problem

Make a new layer and fill the selection with any solid color. //No problem

Import that layer into the other files as a template, //?How do I do this?

and use the Magic Wand to re-create the selection.

Make the template layer not visible, and use the selection on the image layer.

What you need to do is this:

I'll Assume that all your pictures have same dimensions, correct? Then:

1-Open Paint.net

2-File > Open

3-Find the containing folder of your Photos

4-Select all, or just select the photos that you want

5-Click Open of this dialog window

6-Paint.NET will open them all as separate images

7-View the 1st Photo, Add New Layer, Make your selection for the object you want and Copy it (all these on the new added layer) then Crop to Selection and Save As, it will prompt you to flatten ( don't forget to change file name if you are saving in same folder with same format)

8-View the 2nd photo and paste in to new layer, Edit > Paste in to New Layer, or just use Ctrl+Shift+V Then crop and Save As.....

9-Repeat step 8 on other photos.

10-Now undo the Flatten in all photos and do steps 7 and 8 for the other objects with same way.

This method is good if you are working on several photos 5-7 and you don't want to use plugins, but if your project is many photos "like 20 or more then there is a fast way" for that but with using plugins, don't hesitated to ask if you need it.

EDIT, as the new change to the paint.NET, try not to zoom in the image that you are working on, that means you have to see the whole image in the Paint.NET window while doing the steps above.

Edited by yellowman

Assuming all photos are the same size and framed exactly the same (as you write they are), another way is:

1. Open the first photo in Paint.NET. On the menu, click File - Save As and save your photo with a different name, e.g CroppingFile.

2. On the menu, click Layers - Import From File and choose the second photo. This will import the second photo on a new layer over the first one. The second photo will now be visible.

3. Repeat Import From File for as many photos as you want to crop. You should end up with as many layers as you have photos to crop. The last photo you imported will be visible.

4. Select the area you want to keep on the top (visible) layer with the rectangle select tool and, on the menu, click Image - Crop to Selection. This will crop all layers to the exact same size and at the exact same position.

5. Press and hold CTRL and then press A on your keyboard. This will select the cropped copy of your photo on the top layer. Then, press and hold CTRL, press and hold ALT and then press V on your keyboard. This will open a new Untitled file in Paint.NET with the cropped copy of the last photo you imported. Save this file in the format you prefer with any name other than the name of the original photo, e.g. Photo15crop.

6. In the Layers window, click on the second layer from the top, repeat step 5 and name the copy of the second last photo you imported appropriately.

7. Repeat step 6, clicking in turn on all layers of the multi-layered CroppingFile and name all cropped copies of your photos with a different file name.

You should now have all your original photos intact and copies of all photos cropped to the same size and at the same position.

You can now either delete the Cropping File or save it as PDN in order to keep extra copies of the cropped photos all in one file.

EDIT: I think it reads more complicated than it actually is, so here is the short version:

1. Import all photos on separte layers in the same file.

2. Crop to the selection you want.

3. Save each layer as a separate file.

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png

• 2 weeks later...