Help! Can't Reinstall

Whenever i try to intall Paint.NET again it doesnt work!i have made sure every last file has been removed also!

This error pops up whenever i do try to install it

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 506

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)

at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__21.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 930

at PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__0.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask.cs:line 36

at PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 77

Any Help Or Ideas??!? please and thanks!

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

ruh roh ... You need to run chkdsk. Search here on the forum and you'll find some instructions.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 months later...

... my computer wont let me rin chkdsk

It sounds like your hard drive is failing or corrupted. If you cannot run chkdsk then you require serious assistance.

This forum is not a Windows technical support forum. You will need to seek advice from another source to solve this problem.