Auto Color plugins?

Hey guys. I am trying to optimize an image in a simple way by applying an auto color or levels filter. I explained my situation in the link below, where paint.net's auto levels just don't look good when compared to Photoshop & Picasa's auto color output. You will see the pics in the link. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

mados123

http://forums.getpai...post__p__339118

Can you define 'don't look good'? How do you feel that the PS auto-tune is more preferable? Is it the contrast, brightness, color saturation, etc... ?

Yes I looked at the images. I want to know what you're trying to achieve.

Can you define 'don't look good'? How do you feel that the PS auto-tune is more preferable? Is it the contrast, brightness, color saturation, etc... ?

Yes I looked at the images. I want to know what you're trying to achieve.

Thanks for checking it out! To me, it looks like both the PS and Picasa Auto-color don't have the brightness turned up as much and maintains better contrast. On the paint.net one, the original's black just outside of the circle went to a grayish pixelated black while the output of the other 2 seem quite similar to each other in their adjustments, not over adjusting. I understand every new & different image has unique characteristics that would affect overall adjustments needed, getting it to "good results", but I was just wondering if there was a plug-in/single auto solution in paint that used a similar formula as PS & Picasa that can achieve the same results.

Thanks for your time!

mados123

I understand every new & different image has unique characteristics that would affect overall adjustments needed,

Absolutely correct, which is why a 'one-stop' auto tune solution is probably not the way to go.

... I was just wondering if there was a plug-in/single auto solution in paint that used a similar formula as PS & Picasa that can achieve the same results.

There are a huge number of effects and adjustments available. For your purposes, two of the easiest to use are Combined Photo Adjustments by BoltBait, and Tanel's Basic Photo Adjustments. both of these come with numerous options and adjustments.

You can create numerous customised versions of the settings in these plugins by utilizing Pyrochild's excellent Scriptlab plugin as mentioned in the previous thread. This way you could have a number of preset templates and apply these based on the requirements of the source image.

There are a huge number of effects and adjustments available. For your purposes, two of the easiest to use are Combined Photo Adjustments by BoltBait, and Tanel's Basic Photo Adjustments. both of these come with numerous options and adjustments.

You can create numerous customised versions of the settings in these plugins by utilizing Pyrochild's excellent Scriptlab plugin as mentioned in the previous thread. This way you could have a number of preset templates and apply these based on the requirements of the source image.

Very good. I just downloaded those plug-ins and will play around with them. Thanks for your advice!