Just joined you

Hello from Australia, I was told about paint.net today as I wanted something to enlarge my photos am downloaded and ready. Wondering if some one could point me in the direction of the very first steps right from how to open the file and upload your photo for editing. I have looked at the tutorials but cannot find the first steps though I know they must be there

Thankyou

Wondering if some one could point me in the direction of the very first steps right from how to open the file and upload your photo for editing.

To open a file, click "File" in the the menu bar at the top of Paint.Net, and "Open." (Sorry if I misunderstood your question.).

If you go to youtube.com and search for "paint.net" you'll find a lot of video tutorials. Watching over someone's virtual shoulder might give you the orientation you're looking for.

looks like a good basic video.

EDIT: In case it's not obvious when watching that video, there are three parts. The one linked above is Part 1. You should see

, and
. There may be better videos. This series stood out to me when I searched. Edited by az2000

Paint.NET, despite the name, is not a website. It's a program you install and run on your own computer, like Microsoft Word.

Similarly, you don't upload your file anywhere (unless, when you're done, you want to post it on the forum for example), you open it with the Paint.NET program in the same way you'd use Word to open a Word document.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Paint.NET, despite the name, is not a website.

I think perhaps you're getting this from the "upload" in the OP, however, I think that's simply a incorrect choice of words.

EDIT: Also, might I suggest that you take a glance at the forum rules? You're slightly in violation of rule six; "Thread titles must be descriptive". Apart from that, you're good.

Note to self:Must stop minimodding!

Edited by Rubrica

Oh Crikey I am in trouble already ( Note to self:Must stop minimodding!) gulp LOL thats what comes from me being down under maybe boltbait.mrgreen.png

Thankyou I am off to watch the u tube video, I am afraid I am not very computer savvy you know your uploading and downloading and I should have said " what do I do to open my photograph in paint.net" I am sure I will work it out guys. Thankyou

@myshelle: Go to your first post in this thread and hit the EDIT button.

From there you will see the post editing window.

Type over your original title with something more descriptive - like"How do I open a file? How do I edit a photo?".

When you're done hit "Save Changes".

We use descriptive titles so that the threads in this forum can be used for searching and references. A title like your current one "Just joined you" doesn't tell us what your subject really is or what questions you want answered.

Welcome to the forum, Mate!