NOT SP3! Paaalllease. I want the new Paint but not SP3!

I work on thousands of computers.. (no joke, see me on TV <snip>I do computer repair for a living and have worked on over 6000 computers)

SP2 with XP is great. No problems, my old beat up laptop still boots in under 13 seconds and all my programs work just fine.

With SP3, about 5 out of 10 times it will not even install on XP.

Out of the 5 that did install, 100% of them are slower, 90% need more ram, 100% experiance weird problems and lock ups.

It's MS's way of getting you to "upgrade" to Vista.

Anyways, please let Paint.net work with SP2. :-)

No ascii swearing.

No useless polls.

You have been warned. Read the rules. Then, perhaps try posting again - in a more civil tone.

<locked>

Then, perhaps try posting again - in a more civil tone.

But not about this same issue.

XP SP2 is not even supported by its manufacturer anymore. So why should Rick go out of his way to support a dead operating system? Wouldn't you rather he work on new features?

If SP3 is not installing on most of your computers, I have a feeling you're running pirated copies of XP anyway.

And why the hell would MS want you to install Vista on those old computers? Not only would Vista not run very well on those old beaters, but Vista isn't even MS's flagship OS anymore. Go get Windows 7. On decent new computers, not 6-10 year old adding machines.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!