Saved tif changes file size slightly

When I save an imported tif image that has a file size of 1375 KB the resulting saved file size is 1349 KB. Not much of a difference but the program that the image is then brought back into, requires it to be the exact same size. This is really killing me because paint.net is otherwise perfect for my needs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks

MB

uhhh...?

And hard drives can hold more data when there's less gravity. That's why YouTube is streamed directly from servers on the International Space Station.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I took the picture on the right and brightened it, and now it's lighter. Magic? filename? Maybe transparency?

Less contrast = less colours = smaller palette is my guess. There are lots of ways you can slightly influence the file size.

--

Unless you can find a program to save a TIFF at a specific size, your could try making small adjustments until you reach your target size.

KaHuc.png

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately the image must remain a Tif and not change it's size. I'm using Paint.net to mask some areas of a video image and then importing it into a image processing software program. It needs to be the same size to map correctly into a image buffer or the software will error and not accept it. I will try manipulating it slightly to see if I can get the size I need. It will move in and out of Windows Paint without a problem....but I guess I don't have to explain here why I'm not using that program. :)

Mark