how removing noise from photo?

Ida

hello,

I have no experience with graphic programs. I try to know well paint.net, because I heard it's good :lol:

I can't find information it is possible to remove noise from photo using paint.net? I hope yes :lol:

Could you give me any instructions how to do it step by step? 8)

Ida

You posted this in the wrong section, but I can turn this into a tutorial thread if you would like, give me a sample of the photo you want to take it out of, basically, color match, pick the color around the "noised" pixel, and fill it in with that.

ravennm3.png

Raven, that will work, but it's going to take a long time if the image is the size of any normal photograph...there could be thousands of noisey areas on the image!

There are some tricks you can use to make the noise less apparent, but there's no real way to get rid of it entirely. For example, you can blur the image a bit, but then the image will still be blurry and will probably still have noise.

Some people have methods they love to no end, but I haven't seen anything that does a perfect job...

Like it says at the top of the Tutorials forum, it is reserved for tutorial publishing ONLY.

Moved to General Discussion

I'm completely lost :cry: where is any proper place to ask question?? genela guestion :wink:

Please tell me where I should write about this.

Ida

so... this is my photo with noises:

<a  href=0a1b20da15e55adfm.jpg' alt='0a1b20da15e5

Is it possible to remove it with paint.net :?:

Please give me some simply instructions, because I'm a beginer :wink:

Ida

For that, they said blurring 1-2 pixels, but that will ruin the quality of the image....I could take it out for you myself, and post it here, hey, im polish too!

I think it will be hard to do in paint.Net, unless you do some playing around with layers. Try duplicating that original layer, blurring the next one like 2 pixels, and play around with the blending mode...I will try my best in photoshop, and tell you how I did it, some of the same stuff can be done in paint.net as I can in photoshop.

ravennm3.png

Since the photo itself is a bit blurry, a 1px Gaussian blur does not hurt the image, but it does get rid of some of the noise...see for yourself how you like it.

My suggestions to do this in paint.net is to play around with blurs, try blurring the entire thing one pixel, if that doesnt work, undo and take your lasso around places, like the face, and blur it accordingly.

ravennm3.png