WOTW # 18 Discussion

Possum Roadkill

Welcome to the WOTW # 18 Discussion Thread.

WINNER IS A FLEETING GLIMPSE with 7 votes Runner up is Chrisco97 with 5 votes !

CONGRATULATIONS WINNERS !

This thread is intended for all discussions about this WOTW competition. WOTW # 18, Retro-Gaming

***Please do not post your entry in this thread***

WOTW #18

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images

you did not create in Paint.net, i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program.

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net. As stated in the WOTW rules, you must provide a link to any and all stocks or renders used.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW #18 is 'Retro-Gaming' Theme Rules. Please read this !

- Submissions should be based on Home Computers & Gaming Consoles popular in the 80's & early 90's, such as Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, SNES & Sega Megadrive, etc...

- Basically, as defined in Wikipedia - Retro-Gaming

- Wallpapers can be based on the hardware or the software (games, characters) or any associated peripherals and game/company logos from that era.

- They may take the form of adverts for new games for an old console/computer, or even a new incarnation of an old style console.

- Stock images are acceptable and must be referenced.

- Wallpapers should not include stock related to 'modern-retro', such as modern remakes of classic games.

- However, users own self-created versions of retro-characters, in a modern style, are acceptable.

Do not post your entries to this competition in this thread. To submit your image use the entry thread HERE

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Strange name you have ... whenever you post it's never just a fleeting glimpse ... more a double take, and WOW  :music:

I couldn't agree more, Welshy!

That is fabulous! It's the kind of image you could get lost in for hours. The background is just the best & the critters are so cute. A happy image despite the moody background. I'd like to see it in another image later.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I think all of the entries so far are really good, but AFG's is really outstanding. Great job ! I don't know if I'm going to have time to make something for the comp because we have a really busy weekend, but maybe I can squeeze in some time. I think this is a hard theme because I really didn't play video games that much. I liked pinball. :DB)

Congratulations AFG winner and Chrisco97 runner up in the WOTW #18 Please check your PMs in a few minutes for your ribbons. AFG, I hope you have been thinking about a theme for the next comp!!! I'd like to get it started by Friday night !

A Fleeting Glimpse has sent me a Theme. It is AWESOME ! We are in the process of working out the details. This might take a day to get it all worked out. This might involve a half a dozen attorneys, the help of a marketing firm, and a Presidential decree to get it done, so be patient, I think you will enjoy this one. :D

Hope I do. I can't believe I got 0 votes. 

No, someone voted for you. ;)

Bad news everyone, the lawyers said we cannot allow polar bears to use computers, so training them to use PdN is out of the question. I tried all day to teach a field mouse to use PdN, but he is just too little to push the mouse around to draw much of anything artistically. So we will have to go with plan B. Next theme will be......

"Flight" !

I'll have the rules put together later tonight and have the comp started soon after......so be thinking of things that fly !