Misc Contest VI Discussion

Sorry Simon but I don`t like the way you set up the voting at all. Having to constantly swap between the forum and the voting site just to view the images is irritating . I would much prefer to have been able to compare the images side by side directly. Also after I had voted I was unable to see how the voting was going because I was told the voting was private. :(

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Having to constantly swap between the forum and the voting site just to view the images is irritating .

If you click the login screen image, you will see a larger version. The images are primarily shown as login screens because that's the theme of the competition. If people voted on what it looked like as, say, a desktop background then the theme might as well have been "create an image."

Still don`t like it though. Takes AGES to load the page (still loading as I write this!)

As for loading times, I just cleared my cache and the voting page loads reasonably fast for me, and my download speed is 3.50mps. :?

and I still can`t see how the voting is going because it is still set to private - not good. :roll:

I plan to post the results after it closes.

KaHuc.png

I know you can click on the images to see the larger version. Following Welshy`s tip this is not a problem anyway. I should have thought of it myself so I apologize for that little moan. Forget what I said.

As for loading speeds , not everyone is fortunate enough to have a 3.5Mbs connection. Mine is 1.7 at best , most of the time less.

Fair enough, if you want the pole private that`s up to you. But it would still have been nice to see how the voting is progressing .

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...