Selecting an area to paint inside a grid - What tool?

Hi there.

Imagine a grid, where you place a point at the bottom of the grid, but at the top, your rectangle shape actually lines up one grid over. I set this up using lines, and then the same with the off kilter line. But now, what tool? I do want a straight line, and so lasso doesn't work well. The rectangle doesn't like the angle, so what tool will do this in Paintnet? It was done in PS, but that doesn't help me.

Cheers,

British_eh

I might be missing something here, but what's wrong with using the line tool :LineCurveTool: ?

Ensure antialiasing is enabled from the toolbar once you have selected the line tool and it should make a very reasonable line from one point to another, any width & color you want.

If I'm missing the point, please post an image to show us what you're trying to achieve.

Sorry about the poor description.

I have a grid. Now, should I add a layer as I want to fill in in red and black sequential colours, across the entire grid? I used MS Paint to do this, but the issue is the same. I would like the angled diagonal line from bottom, to top, to be straight and not free hand or such, and then fill in that area, with red, and the next with black, and so on. I would then repeat this time the whole grid is covered with stripes alternating red and black, on an angle.

Cheers,

British_eh

37199_b8119282a61c5826e585ccb4839c207b

I suggest making the red and black striped block with vertical stripes.

Then tilt it and cut out a rectangular selection.

You can use Layers > Rotate / Zoom to rotate the layer.

If you do it this way, you can make a Rectangular Selection of the right size

and use it repeatedly for each stripe. Just fill it with black, then shift it over

using :MoveSelectionTool: and the keyboard arrow keys. Once it's repositioned, fill it with red

and reposition again, fill with black, etc. until you're done.

You'll need to make it a good bit larger in area to start,

to allow for the tilting and cutting.

Edited by Sarkut