individually draggable crop selection edges

this could apply to selections in general, too, but my mouse accuracy using the existing windows rectangular selection tool that paint.net uses isn't doing it for me as far as accuracy goes.

I don't use a tablet - I can't afford one. I have a mouse.

might I suggest a crop selection with individually draggable edges? this would make things SO much easier! Paint Shop Pro has this feature, but the edges are rather thick.

dashed lines are nice if possible. you may need to put in a drag handle (small square). inevitably, that square will extend outside the range of the image window, but hopefully there will be "gray (non-image) area" around the image within the window when it is resized.

...my mouse accuracy using the existing windows rectangular selection tool that paint.net uses isn't doing it for me as far as accuracy goes...

To improve accuracy, try using the arrow keys while holding down the mouse. The arrow keys give a 1 pixel per press accuracy. Good enough?