Remember, reuse, or redo selection

I use PDN in the following way:

1. Take screenshot
    [*:36jl9iv2]Paste
    [*:36jl9iv2]Rectangle Select
    [*:36jl9iv2]Crop
    [*:36jl9iv2]Save
    [*:36jl9iv2]Repeat

Sometimes it would be nice to use the same selection for multiple screenshots. Is there any easy way to do this? Ie Add step 2b "Store Selection", and then for the next screenshot "Recall Selection"

I use PDN in the following way:

1. Take screenshot
    [*:36jl9iv2]Paste
    [*:36jl9iv2]Rectangle Select
    [*:36jl9iv2]Crop
    [*:36jl9iv2]Save
    [*:36jl9iv2]Repeat

Sometimes it would be nice to use the same selection for multiple screenshots. Is there any easy way to do this? Ie Add step 2b "Store Selection", and then for the next screenshot "Recall Selection"

Paste the new screenshot into the the file that was created by the 1-4, replacing the content of the layer that already has the dimensional attributes you are looking for. Just remeber to use 'Save As' and change the name so you don't actually overwrite the original file...

Cheers ;)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Paste the new screenshot into the the file that was created by the 1-4, replacing the content of the layer that already has the dimensional attributes you are looking for. Just remeber to use 'Save As' and change the name so you don't actually overwrite the original file...

Cheers ;)

This doesn't seem to work, as the center of the pasted screenshot is centered in the canvas.

This also reminds me of a similar use case in which I paste and save the screenshots, then go back later to crop.

I think one way I've done it before is to paste all the screenshots in as new layers, then created the selection and cropped, saved as .pdn, then went through and selected each layer one by one and saved it to a file. I guess thats probably the best way to do it.

This doesn't seem to work, as the center of the pasted screenshot is centered in the canvas.

This also reminds me of a similar use case in which I paste and save the screenshots, then go back later to crop.

I think one way I've done it before is to paste all the screenshots in as new layers, then created the selection and cropped, saved as .pdn, then went through and selected each layer one by one and saved it to a file. I guess thats probably the best way to do it.

here's an idea, but it's a "log way round":

first, save your screenshots without croping (or open them all before croping).

open/go to the first image for croping.

once u've made your selection, make a new layer (blank) and hit copy while on the new layer.

then crop the image, flatten, save, close the image (not the program).

when done, open the next image, make another new layer, paste on it, and the selection should appear.

now you can flatten, save and close that image to move on to the next.

redsig.png

here's an idea, but it's a "log way round":

first, save your screenshots without croping (or open them all before croping).

open/go to the first image for croping.

once u've made your selection, make a new layer (blank) and hit copy while on the new layer.

then crop the image, flatten, save, close the image (not the program).

when done, open the next image, make another new layer, paste on it, and the selection should appear.

now you can flatten, save and close that image to move on to the next.

redsig.png

When you paste a larger image into a smaller canvas you are asked if you want to enlarge or keep the current canvas size. Click the option to keep the current size.

The selection is pasted in, and the move tool :MoveTool: automatically selected. Use the mouse (+ left button) to scroll the pasted image around to locate it where you want.

When you paste a larger image into a smaller canvas you are asked if you want to enlarge or keep the current canvas size. Click the option to keep the current size.

The selection is pasted in, and the move tool :MoveTool: automatically selected. Use the mouse (+ left button) to scroll the pasted image around to locate it where you want.

Sorry. I left that part out...

As long as you have the 'Move Selected Pixels' tool :MoveTool: you will be able to move the pasted selection into position...

Sorry. I left that part out...

As long as you have the 'Move Selected Pixels' tool :MoveTool: you will be able to move the pasted selection into position...