Can some1 help me create a sparkling snow ground?

I've been at it for abt a week :cry: . So you know after it snows and at night its all sparkly on the ground from the light? I'm try I'm tryin to create the same affect but haven't been able to. I am very nu to pdn but I've been readin thru the forums for almost 2 weeks. Any help would be great and plz add pics as I'm still familiarizing myself with the commands and teminology thanks :D .

khatzlogo-2.png

Are you trying to create the scene from scratch, or do you have a photo you wish to enhance?

If the latter, try this plugin: Sparkle

For information on how to use and install plugins: Click here

I've done snow on the ground in my "The Palace Guard " picture.

I didn't make that one sparkly. If you need to make it from scratch snow is more bluish/greyish undertones than pure white in real cold climates. . Beleive me I know about snow. they are predicting more for this evening and a high of 1 degreee celcius tomorrow.

let us know what exactly you are going for

OMA

I've done snow on the ground in my "The Palace Guard " picture.

I didn't make that one sparkly. If you need to make it from scratch snow is more bluish/greyish undertones than pure white in real cold climates. . Beleive me I know about snow. they are predicting more for this evening and a high of 1 degreee celcius tomorrow.

let us know what exactly you are going for

OMA

ok awesome idea! lol n sorry to hear abt the snow were do u live?

khatzlogo-2.png

so are you saying you need a tut to make sparkly snow from scratch?

or the "absolutely horrible." weather where I live is awesome?.

your answer to my question was clear as mud. is that the type of tut you need ? yes or no.?

Oh ya sorry well a tut on how to make it once its on the ground i did see a tut or two on how to make it when its actually snowing but none on how to make it look realistic once its oon the ground

khatzlogo-2.png

ok, it will take me this evening to write it out and take some screen shots. hopefully tomorrow morning.

in the mean time you need to learn how to add plugins to your basic paint.net start with ED Harveys, and you also need his old splinter plugin (archived)

search for height to field. I'm not at my own computo so can not give you the link. use the search button upper top right of screen.

ciao

OMA

ok, it will take me this evening to write it out and take some screen shots. hopefully tomorrow morning.

in the mean time you need to learn how to add plugins to your basic paint.net start with ED Harveys, and you also need his old splinter plugin (archived)

search for height to field. I'm not at my own computo so can not give you the link. use the search button upper top right of screen.

ciao

OMA

ok thanx. I found tons of plug-ins I cant find any more. I'm making a sig now, so far so good. I'm having a bit of trouble with the cloning tool tho, its much easier to use on photoshop but i was on that yrs ago! I know there is a tut for it. You're awesome ty for takin the time to help a novice :lol:

khatzlogo-2.png