Abstract lines

Can anyone point me in the right direction in making abstract lines like in this tutorial in PDN? Since I know there is a smudge tool plugin I was wondering if there is a more convenient way to do this since the smudge plugin opens up another window and doesn't allow you to see all of the layers underneath the layer your smudging in. Thanks in advance.

green.png

Make a new layer, fill it with pure white. Draw your line in pure black. If you want a thick line, like in the tut, just increase the brush width. Then using the line tool, taper the edges. Make sure the line is white. Once you've tapered, set the blend mode of the layer to multiply, and all the white will be gone. ;)

Blooper made a video on this method. If you ask him then he might share it with you. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Make a new layer, fill it with pure white. Draw your line in pure black. If you want a thick line, like in the tut, just increase the brush width. Then using the line tool, taper the edges. Make sure the line is white. Once you've tapered, set the blend mode of the layer to multiply, and all the white will be gone. ;)

Blooper made a video on this method. If you ask him then he might share it with you. :)

Honestly, I don't believe that video tuts are any good. They're harder to fallow.

We should all be... Alive...

40945_1368895504325_1289821857_30902863_6462857_n.jpg

|Lightning|My Dome|Pokemon sig tut|