Where do I start for C# programming?

I already have the installer open but I'm using the wireless internet that works through an entire city because I'm in another country so its veeery slow. I'll start with an image editing program. And the only thing you'll be able to do on it is draw mustaches on people with a simple pencil (once I figure out how to do that...).

RuneScapeBorn2killxSig.png

I built my first computer at age 11!

I made a calculator! How do people make DLLs? I want to try to make a plugin too! How do I make plugins?

http://www.freewebs.com/annoyingwebpage ... ulator.exe

Dowload the calculator! Dowload the calculator! It has an addition tab, a subtraction tab, a multiplication tab, and a division tab! Each tab has 2 fields. Input numbers into the fields and press "Calculate!". Then the bold label will show the result. Download the calculator! Download the calculator!

Here's a screenshot of the program!

homemadecalculatorzr4.png

how do i add a custom message to my calculator if the calculator gets a System.OverflowException? Like a message box that says "Number too large to calculate, please keep the numbers in the fields less than two billion. (Or whatever the max integer number can be...)"

how do i add a custom message to my calculator if the calculator gets a System.OverflowException? Like a message box that says "Number too large to calculate, please keep the numbers in the fields less than two billion. (Or whatever the max integer number can be...)"
Enclose the line with the critical code (the addition that might overflow) in a try-catch. I only know vb syntax by heart atm, but you'll find it in the help.

(ehm... is help included in express edition? :roll:)

Patch! It's Born2killx's Calculator 2.0! It gets rid of the two known exceptions that occur in the program:

System.OverflowException

and

System.FormatException

I added MessageBoxes to the two explaining the problem in a userfriendly way to the end-user.

Get it at the same URL.

http://www.freewebs.com/annoyingwebpage ... ulator.exe

When I grow up, I want to be a programmer, so I want to know where I can start, any programs I can use, how to compile stuff, etc. for C#. Any suggestions?

The short answer is "You don't".

Do not start with C#. As its relatives C and C++ it demands a lot of lower-level debugging. The C languages is nothing for beginners, trust me. If you have not already learned HTML and a bit of CSS, learn it first. It will give you a good programming introduction (although neither HTML or CSS is a programming language per say).

If you want to start to learn programming, start with an interpreted language, like Python. It is easy, common and highly portable.

After mastering that, you could look around for other programming languages to learn. Remember that when you have mastered a few programming languages, you can easily learn another simply by studying its syntax.

forumsig.jpg