No "Preserve background" anymore in Rotate/Zoom ?

Hi,

I used paint.net before, now installed version 5.0.13 (Windows x64), and when using Layers - Rotate/Zoom, I see no "Preserve background" checkbox anymore at the bottom of menu.

Welcome to the forum @igg

Rotate/Zoom has never had that option.  UPDATE: Oops I was wrong - see replies below.

I think you want BoltBait's Level Horizon plugin:

Edited by Tactilis
Strikethrough incorrect info

20 minutes ago, Tactilis said:

Rotate/Zoom has never had that option.

It did, pre-5.0.

I removed it in 5.0 because it didn't need to be there (it's redundant), no other effect/adjustment really has anything similar, nobody seemed to indicate they cared about it, and also because -- oddly enough -- it actually added a bit of complication to the effect (although it did help find some bugs!). It was just a relic of an old time and I have no idea why I added it there in the first place back in 2004 or 2005.

If you want to preserve the background, just duplicate the layer and then run Rotate/Zoom on the new layer. (that's why I said it's "redundant")

(btw I refer to Rotate/Zoom as an effect because, despite being in the Layers menu, it is actually an effect! It uses the same rendering technology used by the distortion effects like Dents and Polar Inversion)

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

6 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

It did, pre-5.0.

I removed it in 5.0 because it didn't need to be there (it's redundant), no other effect/adjustment really has anything similar, nobody seemed to indicate they cared about it, and also because -- oddly enough -- it actually added a bit of complication to the effect (although it did help find some bugs!). It was just a relic of an old time and I have no idea why I added it there in the first place back in 2004 or 2005.

The last documentation update didn't catch this. I've flagged it for the next refresh.

• Upvote 1