Program being used

Hello, I came across your knowledgeable site from google while I was searching the word's "3d text effect". I came across some images on google and I came across this thread as well. viewtopic.php?t=3866

I want to know what is being used? Photoshop? if so which version? I have adobe master collection cs3 extened.

Do you have a program from Paintdotnet downloadable? This would really give me a boost in my professional life and future. I would love to make such amazing 3d text. I was following some steps from the tutorial but I hit a bump and got stuck at step three because on my toolbar, I could not find the "Draw filled shape" button. I would appreciate your help and be very greatful. Thank you for taking the time for reading this and hope I can get some help.

Thank you very much kind sir :).

EDIT - Well, I have downloaded the program, I love the way it's so complex. Maybe easy to some but for beginners very difficult. I can use some help with this from start to finish. I would like to ask the following questions.

1- How can I duplicate a layer without have the background follow around.

I choose not to ask anymore right now because the littlest thing's are being a headache for me. I might ask questions once I can figure this out. Anyone think they can help?

Well, this is a Paint.NET forum, so we usually refer people to Paint.NET tutorials. :-)

Could you rephrase your question? I'm not sure I follow. And if you are having a specific problem with the 3D text tutorial, you should ask it in the thread for that tutorial. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Dave - The time I asked you this question, I had no knowledge in my brain of how to operate the program but I played around and got a good sense. Now following the step's is a real confusion, because when it says "Duplicate the layer and now add your own color", I do that BUT when I pick my own color there is no effect to the change.

Rick - Thank you very much for your link. I appreciate very much sir. I did not get what I was looking for but I found some very intresting and eye catching tutorials.

Edit - To be honest, I think it would be a lot more helpful if someone created a youtube tutorial explaining all the steps, from opening a blank document. Because there are some steps in the link I posted above where some steps might've been skipped. Any takers?