Which tools do I use to achieve a stuffed satin effect?

Go to solution Solved by Ego Eram Reputo,

Bonjour Mes Amis!!  Aujourd'hui "je vois la vie en ro-seuh🎶..."

Awigor, whose artist some of you may know, puts out paint-by-number graphics that are awesome.  The one effect he uses as his mainstay is a stuffed satin effect.  I'd like to use that for the stickers I'm designing to go with my planners.  Can y'all tell me which tools, or combination of tools, I should use to create the effect?  I've tried several combos, but can't seem to nail the highlight properly.  This is what Awigor's version looks like.  Thank you!

AWIGORPUFFEFFECT.png.a08f1cf97dd1bf473d0f89435b7537d8.png

Edited by BMP

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?

• BMP changed the title to Which tools do I use to achieve a stuffed satin effect?
  • Solution

You want to recreate the green scales?

1. Download and install @BoltBait's plugin pack: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/121343-i
  2. In PDN, draw the scales on their own separate layer, using a single mid-shade of green. The layer should be otherwise transparent.
  3. Apply Object > Bevel Object to the layer. Configuring the highlight color to be a lighter green, and the shadow colow to be a darker green.

Bevel-Object2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Over a month later - Sorreeeee, my mind went off to a different planet or something.  Bless you for the how-to.  🤗  It's precisely what I was looking for and I did not know that BoltBait put out an update in July.  Cool beans!  Thank you.

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?