Is reposting a question on the paint.net forum against the rules of the paint.net forum?

I have posted the question on paint.net forum. The answers to this question did not clear my doubts. Then I posted a question on the same topic again with a little explanation. 

Actually, I want to know if I post a question on the paint.net forum and I am not satisfied with the answer to that question, is it against the rules of the paint.net forum to post the same question about the same topic?

Screenshots of the questions that I asked

Q1.png

Q2.png

Edited by Shaheens

The images are your original creations, made using the tools in PDN?

If so, then yes, you can use them. 

If it was artwork or photos taken by someone else which you edited with PDN, then you would have to get the permission of the creator or photographer to use them. I believe one can license a "derivative" work. 

32 minutes ago, Shaheens said:

Actually, I want to know if I post a question on the paint.net forum and I am not satisfied with the answer to that question, is it against the rules of the paint.net forum to post the same question about the same topic?

I think it should be. Its the same forum, same people reading and responding. To start new thread(s) asking the same thing is a waste of time and resources. Just my opinion mind you.

Stick with the same thread. If you are not happy with the answers then be more specific with your questions and you'll get additional answers and feedback.

Ok so I re-read all 30 rules and the general theme of said rules would translate to this short answer.... Yes its against the rules. To start a new thread to ask the same questions once it was answered by more than one person is frivolous and reviving an already solved topic/question.

If you dont like the answer or understand then its on you to repost in that same thread asking for clarification or adding new information/details. For your offense I would issue a warning along with previously described reasoning and ask that you stick with the same thread. Makes it easier for people to help you and easier for others to search the same question and find the answer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shaheens said:

Ok.

But I want to know

have I violated pay.net forum rules by reposting the question about same topic on pay.net forum?

Your question has been answered. 

Posting more than one thread asking the same simple question over and over again is making the moderators think you are a spammer trying to bump up your post count before going on a spamming run. 

Note: any member that is more trouble than they are worth is subject to banning. 

Tread carefully. We are watching…

• Upvote 2

The answers to this question did not clear my doubts.

Your question has been answered very clearly and unambiguously, whether you understand it or not. Stop wasting our time.

If you ask this again then I'm just going to ban you.

Also, if you need to know "am I violating the rules?", THEN YOU SHOULD GO READ THE RULES.

• Upvote 2

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg