Missing Plug-Ins

Go to solution Solved by Lemonade,

I am assuming I've done something wrong. 

I have a whole batch of plug-ins, many from what I *thought* was BoltBait's latest pack, including Bevel Selection but I am missing a number of tools in Object and Render and elsewhere which I remember as being there before the last update.

I am trying to follow the tutorial for Shiny Letters using an alpha mask, subbing a newer alpha mask plug-in for the one specified in the tutorial. 

But now I cannot find the bevel. 

Error message as follows (all error messages say the plug-ins are incompatible, so I've just listed their names. Except I just went and got what I thought were the latest version of both BoltBait's and Pyrochild's packs. Did I somehow snag the wrong packs?

C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\Transparency.dll, version 4.6.7358.39871

Name: Transparency
Type: TransparencyEffect.TransparencyEffectPlugin
Version: 4.6.7358.39871
Author: Copyright © 2018 BoltBait
Copyright: Adjust the transparency of a selection
This plugin is incompatible with this version of paint.net.
A required update is available.

Name: Temperature/Tint

Name: Bevel Selection

Name: ScriptLab
Remove Dust
Bevel Object
Feather Object Pro
Inner Shadow
Outline Object
Mememaker.dll

LevelHorizon.dll

Gray2Alpha.dll

FillFromFile.dll

FillFromClipboard.dll

Dream.dll

CombinedAdjustments.dll

Calendar.dll

Burniate.dll

BBChart.dll

BandWPlus.dll

What am I doing wrong, and how to I find the plug-ins which work with this version of PDN? 

• Solution

Hey @Marilynx,
All BoltBait's plugins start with v5 or v6 (latest versions) when you hover over the plugins from the menu inside paint.net.

BoltBait's plugins, check for the big blue Download button, made for 5.0+ paint.net version.
There are also older plugins versions listed under NOTE... ignore them if you are running v5.0+ version.

Bevel Object is under Effects > Object and Bevel Selection Effects > Selection
Red ochre's Object Bevel is under Effects > Object

@Marilynx The latest version of paint.net is now is 5.0.6 https://www.getpaint.net/  and you were trying to use @BoltBait's plugin for version 4.0.6.

If you download the link that @Lemonade gives you above, all should be well again :) 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

18 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Hey @Marilynx,
All BoltBait's plugins start with v5 or v6 (latest versions) when you hover over the plugins from the menu inside paint.net.

BoltBait's plugins, check for the big blue Download button, made for 5.0+ paint.net version.
There are also older plugins versions listed under NOTE... ignore them if you are running v5.0+ version.

Bevel Object is under Effects > Object and Bevel Selection Effects > Selection
Red ochre's Object Bevel is under Effects > Object

I have 5.06... SOMEHOW, the older plug-ins replaced the newer ones. I need to go find the newer ones.....

15 hours ago, Pixey said:

@Marilynx The latest version of paint.net is now is 5.0.6 https://www.getpaint.net/  and you were trying to use @BoltBait's plugin for version 4.0.6.

If you download the link that @Lemonade gives you above, all should be well again :) 

I've got them now. Somehow or other, I squirrelled up with the download when I was trying to update things. I knew it had to be something I did wrong. I just didn't know WHAT. But it appears that I have most everything now.....

16 hours ago, Pixey said:

Now I have another headache. I'm trying to follow an old tutorial. Sarkut's Gold Metal. Obviously, with the date, it's for an older version. I've found, the plug-ins linked there won't work. I've found newer versions of all but Metallize, which may now be built in, except it doesn't have the three types of Metallize. 

I have not YET found a newer version of this tutorial, and the last time I used it, I got some really nice effects.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

You may also have 2 copies of the plugins installed, even with the same file name. There are two locations that plugins can be installed to:

One copy would be in C:\Program Files\paint.net\

The other would be in %Documents%\paint.net App Files\

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

7 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

You may also have 2 copies of the plugins installed, even with the same file name. There are two locations that plugins can be installed to:

One copy would be in C:\Program Files\paint.net\

The other would be in %Documents%\paint.net App Files\

No, it turns out that somehow, I was an idiot, and managed to, when updating, after the last PDN update, to overwrite the correct plug-ins with an older version. Naturally, they did not work with the new PDN. Once I DL the correct version and re-installed them, funny thing, it worked correctly.

11 hours ago, Pixey said:

You have to move the type yourself to #3

metalize-3.png

Oh! I didn't EVEN realize that that was a type setting, even though it's clearly labeled "Type." I think maybe I should go hibernate for awhile because I am clearly brain-dead at the moment.

• Haha 1

Trying to DL Shape3D

and get no response.  Is there a newer version for the current PDN?

When I hover over the DL button, it says "Waiting on (hame of server)," and after a couple minutes, that clears, but I still get nothing when I click on it. Also, I tried to post to that thread and could not. Is it closed?

2 hours ago, Marilynx said:

When I hover over the DL button, it says "Waiting on (hame of server)," and after a couple minutes, that clears, but I still get nothing when I click on it.

Interesting. Try pasting plugin url below into browser address bar and see if it works (download should start instantly):

2 hours ago, Marilynx said:

Also, I tried to post to that thread and could not. Is it closed?

Still opened.

Edited by Lemonade