How do I change the text colour of a logo?

Hello, I just joined. I'm trying to make a simple text logo for my nature photos. I know how to put the text on a transparent background and know how to apply the text in the size I want. What I want to know is how to change the text to different colours, so I can add it to my photos. Instead of starting over each time to make a new one. Can you highlight the text and switch to a new colour? I would like to have the text in white, black, red, yellow and blue. Can I switch colours after I've saved each one? The text is on one transparent layer.

My 'Object2colour' plug-in can do this (what it was designed for). It's in my plug-in pack - Link in my sig'.
If you get bored of flat colours - 'Gradients Galore' can help too - just check the 'on object only' box.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Documentation on the Recolor tool is here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RecolorTool.html

An example showing use of the tool is attached.

Notes:
- Tolerance is set to 100% to ensure that the anti-aliased pixels (i.e shades of grey) at the margins of the text are recolored.
- My text is on a white background but the procedure is the same for a transparent background.
- Make sure that you click with the tool on the text, not on the background.

recolor.gif

• Like 1

Another way of doing it, particularly if you're using single colour text , even black, in the text layer, is to use BoltBait's: Color Balance tool.

That has three sliders for each of the three primary/complimentary colours. Just adjust one or more to get any any text colour change you want. When done you can use the Hue/Saturation tool or other colour/tone modification tools to give you even more adjustment options.     

• Upvote 1

IHaveNoName.png

Probably the best way is the one Red ochre already suggested : use Object2colour. However, if you're one of those people who for whatever reason want avoid plugins, an alternative might be to originally create the logo in fully-saturated red (or green or blue), then use Hue/Saturation to change the color to whatever you want. You can, of course, use selections if you want to change different letters to different colors.

• Upvote 2