Font size, pixels , symbols , Aliased , Antialiased Rendering

Go to solution Solved by Lemonade,

Hello, i bought a new laptop with windows 11 and i usually like to type informations in Microsoft paint but it got this aliased rendering option always on so i couldn't find a solution to it as it always changes the text i am typing after i finish into a mess of pixels (at anything larger than 100% zoom in) as i like to type in zoomed in state

and so i changed to paint.net its working well but i got a problem when typing symbols next to text like this "♠asdfasdf♠" it changes the symbol into a standard symbol while if i type it like this "asdfgasd♠"
(it consider the ♠ as a text in this situation) as in the picture i added 

as i want the effect of the first image to the right to apply at the beginning and the end of the text

and secondly if you have any solution to make the text apply just like it was in typing state in either of Microsoft paint or paint.net i will be grateful

tesst.thumb.png.f253c19fdbd34f0f29cf9080969d1cb6.png

Hello @someone123b and welcome to the forum :)

Yes, once typed in paint.net it's pixels:  Please read here:  https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/TextTool.html

There is also a tool here where you can find symbols.  I'd say, do your text on a layer and, on another layer place and size your symbols before you flatten.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Yes, once typed in paint.net it's pixels:  Please read here:  https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/TextTool.html

There is also a tool here where you can find symbols.  I'd say, do your text on a layer and, on another layer place and size your symbols before you flatten.

hello ty for the reply i would like to know if there is a way to make the symbol written on the beginning the same as the last and have the same color as the text as if you add the symbol at the beginning it doesn't follow the text and if you add the last one it will be changed to be the same as the first

55 minutes ago, someone123b said:
2 hours ago, Pixey said:

hello ty for the reply i would like to know if there is a way to make the symbol written on the beginning the same as the last and have the same color as the text as if you add the symbol at the beginning it doesn't follow the text

What is the name of the Text you are using in Paint.net?

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• Solution
On 2/15/2023 at 5:24 PM, someone123b said:

Hello, i bought a new laptop with windows 11 and i usually like to type informations in Microsoft paint but it got this aliased rendering option always on so i couldn't find a solution to it as it always changes the text i am typing after i finish into a mess of pixels (at anything larger than 100% zoom in) as i like to type in zoomed in state

and so i changed to paint.net its working well but i got a problem when typing symbols next to text like this "♠asdfasdf♠" it changes the symbol into a standard symbol while if i type it like this "asdfgasd♠"
(it consider the ♠ as a text in this situation) as in the picture i added

Hello, here is a picture with some explanation and one approach for the first symbol converting to Windows symbol.
In short, if you add an empty space before the first symbol, it will not change (probably).

spacer.png

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 2
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1

14 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Hello, here is a picture with some explanation and one approach for the first symbol converting to Windows symbol.
In short, if you add an empty space before the first symbol, it will not change (probably).

symbols-and-text.png

thanks a lot for the help the space solution worked perfectly

You can also use unicodes in your text tool strings. Type some text, then hold down the Alt key and type in the four digit unicode on the numeric pad. for example, Alt+0169 inserts the copyright symbol.