The work that we do with plugins

Hi @Minitruck , welcome to the forum :)

Yes you can monetize your own work using plugins. You cannot release, repackage or recompile the plugin itself without permission. See here:

I'll move this thread into the General section.

• Like 1

In addition to what @Ego Eram Reputo said, I feel like there's two ways this question can be interpreted, so I'll address them separately:

1. If I'm using a plugin, can I monetize the things I do/create/modify/etc. with that plugin?
    • Yes
    • In fact, I'll go ahead and say that if someone releases a plugin and puts stipulations against that in their plugin's license, then it is not allowed to be distributed here on the forum. "Infectious licensing" is not okay.

2. If I'm developing and publishing a plugin, can I monetize it? For instance, charge money for it, have a free trial, etc.?
    • Yes
    • However, you cannot expect any kind of special promotion of your plugin, or privileged consideration within Paint.NET itself or on the forum. If your plugin does things that are not allowed (there's a whole post on that), or if it starts crashing users systems a lot, etc. then it may get removed from the forum, or blocked from loading in the app. Just like a free plugin would.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg